2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had this before? Noticed the other day my arch protector and the front bumper are slightly not together, probably due to a few of those damn speed bumps.

How do I get this back in, is it just a few clips or something or do I need a new arch protector? I've never had the bumper bits of etc so no idea. See pics below.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
That can happen, if it's caused by excess speed over speed bumps then you should slow down.

Push and tease them back together.

Hopefully the clips are still able to knit together.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do watch it over speed bumps and go very slow but somethings you get an odd scrape, some areas have speed bumps that feel like mount Everest, those red square ones are a particular pain, but I do try go as slow as. Its lowered 30mm or so.

I did have a quick push and it didn't seem to move but will have another go when got more spare time. Thanks mate.

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
Yep, had that on my old fn2. Best to re seat it, slowly unclip and check the clips are ok. Then re clip, you have to push that last bit - hard to explain but you'll get the feel of it. You kind of push up and forward.
Here's mine when I found a previous owner had glued the arch trim on :facepalm6:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,259 Posts
Yep, had that on my old fn2. Best to re seat it, slowly unclip and check the clips are ok. Then re clip, you have to push that last bit - hard to explain but you'll get the feel of it. You kind of push up and forward.
Here's mine when I found a previous owner had glued the arch trim on :facepalm6:
that looks like its been in a body shop
2 different body shops told me they just use seam sealer then clamp up as the plastic clips don't like being reused

·
Enjoying life
8,565 Posts
that looks like its been in a body shop
2 different body shops told me they just use seam sealer then clamp up as the plastic clips don't like being reused
Don't think it had, once I cleaned all the crap off everything looked normal. I had the bumper off a few times too and all looked fine. I suspect a previous owner kerbed it and it pinged off breaking the clips.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is now sorted, finally managed to push this together with a bit or a wiggle then a bit of mild force. So far last few days its stayed flush. No doubt another graze of a few bumps will bring it out but so far so good. If I was a rich banking family, err, I mean democratically eleted prime minister on 150k running the country..... yeah.... I would BAN all or at least most speed bumps. Many are way to agressive and high. Some pros to them but mostly cons.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts