2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have in the past 2 weeks had new rear tyres fitted to my 2006 MK8 EX, these were Uniroyal Rainsport 3 so a good make as i have always used them with no issues.

I asked for them to carry out the 4 wheel tracking also like they have done in the past, upon driving the car after i noticed it felt a lot different, handling felt like i could loose it round corners and the VSA light now comes on when taking some corners even at low power.

I thought it may just need time for the new tyres to bed in but its been 2 weeks now and i have done 300+ miles on them and although i have got used to the handling more the VSA light still flashes at times when cornering.

The tracking report i cannot fully understand so would appreciate it if anyone can advise, there is however a lot more red figure's than green.

https://ibb.co/XpkgG9Z

I thank you in advance for any help you can provide :)

Regards

Daniel

·
Registered
202 Posts
It seems that they upset the factory setup when installing your new tires but it might be a bit deeper than that.
My 2010 Si sedan ( FA5 ) has the same issue and it is because my compliance bushings (read rubber inserts in the suspension components that solve for vibration and allow the parts to flex on rough roads) are torn and need replacement. It was enough to make my alignment chart glow red as yours does.
My only other thought is you bent a component in the rear and it’s gumming up the works.
My opinion, based on my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
wonder if they have disturbed something connected to the abs sensors as that's what the vsa works off
if the tracking was way out only thing id expect to show was steering angle sensor
I had this pop up after changing inner and outer track rods at same time as both front struts
once tracked all good again
and as already said the 8g civic only needs 2 wheel tracking the rear cant be adjusted like the front

long shot here just make sure they have fitted the correct size tyres

I ran uniroyals on my 8g and liked them but a friend who is a fairly good rally driver had them on a golf tdi and said the car drove funny

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Look at the camber values, plus on the right and minus on the left, camber angle is controlled by the lower arm that is fixed to the subframe, I had exactly this on my 9G, re-aligned the subframe solved the problem, my guess is yours is off to the left.
On the 8G there is an aluminium lug at the rear of the subframe on each side behind the rear mounting bolt with a hole in it that has to align with a hole on the chassis, you can do a rough check with your little finger or ask a dealer to check the alignment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts