2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite guys,

I was thinking of having a wheel alignment check carried out on my Type R, however reading through the threads I see that the rear cant be adjusted at all ? and the front can be adjusted but not fully ? Have I got this correct ?

If that is the case is there any point in me asking for a wheel alignment to be done at all?

If this is the case I assume my only route would be the FRS and the bits to make things adjustable?

Would just like for someone to calrify it for me ?

cheers guys

:popcorn2:

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Sort of.

Front is easy - only requires the fitting of camber bolts for (negative) camber adjustment.

The rear is fixed and requires shims for adjustment.

Castor is not adjustable (at least not without aftermarket adjustable top-mounts).

The above is assuming you are after FRS adjustment. If not, standard wheel alignment will suffice, minus the negative camber setting.

What are you after, exactly - FRS or basic wheel alignment?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sort of.

Front is easy - only requires the fitting of camber bolts for (negative) camber adjustment.

The rear is fixed and requires shims for adjustment.

Castor is not adjustable (at least not without aftermarket adjustable top-mounts).

The above is assuming you are after FRS adjustment. If not, standard wheel alignment will suffice, minus the negative camber setting.

What are you after, exactly - FRS or basic wheel alignment?
Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I was just going to bring it into a place that has the wheel alignment machines and get it checked out as I am also getting new tyres fitted and balanced so thought I may as well kill 2 birds with one stone and get alignment checked and done if needed.

So I checked up on here and see the info which I posted about above and was unsure what to do and expect.

I don't think anything is wrong with alignment but I haven't had it checked in the three years I've had the car. I am just looking basic alignment at the moment.

Cheers

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Get a full FRS done mate, you wont believe how different the car will feel afterwards!
Alrite mate,

I think I will get the FRS done , everyone seems to highly recommended it.

I think all I need would be this from yourselves? :

Stage 1. Full alignment setup front and rear including front adjusters and rear shims (Based on 2 shims used - Extra shims are £7.05 each)

£231.12 incl VAT

However , if you could give me some advice please. I am based in Belfast , Northern Ireland so wont be able to vist TDI to get the job done. What type of place would be able to set this up for me ? and is there some type of information I need to provide for it to be set up correctly ? Also what would I require extra shims for ?

Such a noob question im sure :facepalm:

cheers

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Alrite mate, I think I will get the FRS done, everyone seems to highly recommended it. I think all I need would be this from yourselves? : Stage 1. Full alignment setup front and rear including front adjusters and rear shims (Based on 2 shims used - Extra shims are £7.05 each) £231.12 incl VAT However, if you could give me some advice please. I am based in Belfast , Northern Ireland so wont be able to vist TDI to get the job done. What type of place would be able to set this up for me ? And is there some type of information I need to provide for it to be set up correctly ? Also what would I require extra shims for ? Such a noob question im sure. :facepalm: cheers
Go to a local garage that has a proper laser alignment setup - have all 4 wheels measured "as-is" - order the bolts and shim (qty. depends on current alignment) from TDi or ABP (the parts are cheap) - get your garage to fit bolts and shims, to the specified alignment (laser check afterwards) ...

Job done ! ...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go to a local garage that has a proper laser alignment setup - have all 4 wheels measured "as-is" - order the bolts and shim (qty. depends on current alignment) from TDi or ABP (the parts are cheap) - get your garage to fit bolts and shims, to the specified alignment (laser check afterwards) ...

Job done ! ...
Is there a particular specified alignment for FRS? I am near sure I seen it on here , but no harm double checking.

thanks for your help

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Is there a particular specified alignment for FRS? I am near sure I seen it on here , but no harm double checking. thanks for your help
When you buy the bolts and shims, the fitting instructions and specified alignment (which is not the same as Honda's) should come with them …

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
It's worth noting that not all FRS's are not the same. We've posted some information here which may be helpful.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had my front wheels adjusted due to alot of wear on the outer edge of the drivers side front wheel.
Just took it to a local garage and got them adjusted.
Was I right to do this?????????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts