2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've had some trim that needs adjusting slightly since I got the car last year. Now the weather's nice I thought I would give it a go.

Just wondering what type of screw driver to use to remove these? (under the wheel arch protector, connecting to the side skirt)

Cheers,
uploadfromtaptalk1461225316676.jpg

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Assume they are rivets, best option to drill them?

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Is that on the inner arch liner? Trying to figure out what trim you are adjusting. If it's the wheel arch trim then you shouldn't need to adjust the liner.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Underneath the arch, not the liner on the inside of the arch, the issue is the side skirt, the wheel arch trim should sit behind the skirt but instead sits on top of thr arch. Will try get a photo now.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uploadfromtaptalk1461227086169.jpg

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uploadfromtaptalk1461227113257.jpg

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Mine was like that when I fitted a replacement wheel arch trim. You might want to undo the wheel arch trim ending and realign it. The top needs to slide onto the skirt trim. I think mine snapped into place but I wouldn't recommend using too much force :)

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's the part im trying to loosen, the wheel arch end but has those rivets, did yours have the same fittings?

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Ah. What you are looking at is underneath, you can leave those alone. If you look inside the wheel arch there are two screws at the bottom of the wheel arch liner (at the back of the wheel) that you need to undo. Should be fine to adjust then.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh okay thanks, the Philips fixings, I took those off yesterday but couldn't get the arch to manipulate enough, will try again after work. Cheers.

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
That's them. The arch trim is also held on by clips, you could gently unpop one or two to help manipulate the trim. I bought some clips from cox before doing that though (just in case).

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Here's what it looks like with the trim off. Mine fell off because a previous owner glued it back on instead of using the proper clips. I fitted the replacement trim correctly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info flashy, much appreciated. So to confirm only these two need removing (+ possibly a few clips)

uploadfromtaptalk1461234952119.jpg

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And these rivets won't need drilling and replacing? uploadfromtaptalk1461235024883.jpg

·
Enjoying life
8,604 Posts
Yep. The screws just connect the arch lining to the arch trim. You can see the first clip is some way up on my photo, you should be able to manipulate the trim enough without unpopping any clips. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great, will let you know how I get on, will give it a quick try on my lunch. Thanks flashy

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice Flashy, after a bit of gentle manipulation and a close call with a pop fitting (which miraculously didn't break)I got there in the end. uploadfromtaptalk1461310535819.jpg

Reactions: Farqui
1 - 19 of 19 Posts