2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post here and looking for a little help. I have just purchased a 2006 1.8 Civic ES and noticed a little rattling towards the passenger side as I accelerate and inspecting the car I noticed the front left Trim around the wheel arch is slightly loose and could well be the culprit.

There is a missing white clip behind the trim and also one disconnected, do you know the part number I need for this and what's the best method to reconnect them?
Also I have noticed the black push clip is missing from behind the wheel/under the arch itself, any idea what the part number is for this?

Unfortunately I cannot post images until I have raised my post count...

Many thanks for the help, I'm brand new to Honda's and aside from this minor issue I'm pretty damn happy with my new motor.

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers flashy, that was a speedy reply and looks like exactly what I need!

Any tips on fitting the trim back into place, is it simply a case of pushing it until it clicks or is there a bit of magic required?

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
You need to push/fit the white clips onto the trim. They then lock into place when the trim is then pushed against the wheel arch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah okay, currently the visible white clip is in the arch. I'm guessing I would I have better luck taking it out of the arch, put into the the trim and then pushed into the arch again... once all of the clips are delivered and in place of course.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
i tiger sealed mine, seemed like a good idea at the time, but should have got the trim clips like flashy suggested, as when you need to take the bumper off its a pain,

·
Registered
282 Posts
You can also buy bags of assorted trim clips for the Civic on e-bay and Amazon, it covers all the various clips on the car rather than just one type, always handy to have a selection in the boot to cover all situations for those Sunday afternoon repairs!!

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Cheers painter for the link will definitely buy them as I am allways breaking clips, and I do be careful when taking them off, but these will come in handy

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts