2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have description of how the wheel arch trims are removed?
Probably no biggie but like to know the procedure Before I get on with it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a couple of screws and clips and they then pull off.
Ok I just hope there's no hidden ones I manage to break.
Probably going to paint them myself soon :)

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
There are two screws on the left hand inside of each wheel arches also there is 2 pop clips under the fron splitter on he corners are below the fogs. Then just pull away better to start from the front splitter as the biggest clip is in the middle/top of the wheel arch itself. Easy job :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always break clips lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
clips.

you have an 90% chance of needing replacement clips from your local dealer if the plastic has become brittle.

Sometimes they get damaged anyhow and need replacement.

Luckily, the clips are cheap!

Solution, get new clips before you start.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cheap? Think again :)
3 £ a pop for the new Honda. Not same as older ones.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good thing about this mod is that it's totally reversible. Just buy another set of OEM trims if you get bored of the painted ones.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
My granddad crashed his last civic, bearing in mind it was a 8th gen though, but one of the wheel arches was hanging off and it's jut looked like a few clips and that you were just meant to pull them off!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My granddad crashed his last civic, bearing in mind it was a 8th gen though, but one of the wheel arches was hanging off and it's jut looked like a few clips and that you were just meant to pull them off!
No there were screws and Three different types of clips

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
the rear wheel arch has a screw at the front that needs a very short screw driver, or take the wheel off, it its a bit stuck. Then another screw at the at the back under the car so that is easier. Then 2 types of clips, just take out the screw, then very carefully pull the trim away to avoid breaking them clips

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the rear wheel arch has a screw at the front that needs a very short screw driver, or take the wheel off, it its a bit stuck. Then another screw at the at the back under the car so that is easier. Then 2 types of clips, just take out the screw, then very carefully pull the trim away to avoid breaking them clips
I recommend a angled screwdriver. Taking the wheels off is really the last thing you want to do :p

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I am going to attempt to remove my wheel arch trims on my 9gen, should be straight forward as I dismantled my 07 type s few years ago, but can anyone tell me can I drive the car with these removed?? I know it will look stupid for a few days, just curious that there is nothing going to be hanging off or loose as I need car for work

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am going to attempt to remove my wheel arch trims on my 9gen, should be straight forward as I dismantled my 07 type s few years ago, but can anyone tell me can I drive the car with these removed?? I know it will look stupid for a few days, just curious that there is nothing going to be hanging off or loose as I need car for work

I wouldnt do it if it has rained because theres a gap after removal

·
Registered
1 Posts
The latest genuine Honda ones are complete with new clips already in place. Undo the screws in the arch, gently prise off the trim, the old clips should come off with the trim. Push the new trim in place - job done. (Easy if the wheel is removed first).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts