2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an FN2 with black team dynamics 1.2 wheels. However, the current black wheel nuts are past their best and need replacing. Any recommendations?

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, forgot about Cox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
Nice cheap fix.
They keep all the odd ones from customers who want security nuts fitted and then package them up for us.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just noticed that the ones currently on the car are not Honda ones!

·
Registered
118 Posts
OEM Honda wheel nuts are radius fit for the Honda alloys, most aftermarket wheels are taper fit.
If your wheel nuts are taper fit you can buy any M12 x 1.5 taper fit wheel nuts for the car, just be careful of the length of the studs on the hub as some nuts are not deep enough to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine are aftermarket (team dynamics 1.2) so i need tapered ones but which?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
OEM Honda wheel nuts are radius fit for the Honda alloys, most aftermarket wheels are taper fit.
If your wheel nuts are taper fit you can buy any M12 x 1.5 taper fit wheel nuts for the car, just be careful of the length of the studs on the hub as some nuts are not deep enough to fit.
Yes - you absolutely need to know what seats your alloy wheels have - Honda are ball/radius seat and aftermarket almost always taper/60 deg.

Do not use the wrong seat type nut - that road leads to disaster :eek:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Tegiwa have a good selection, just ignore the OEM Honda ones, the others are taper fit (all are 60 degrees) and good quality, these can be used on OEM wheels but require a adapter washer.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tegiwa have a good selection, just ignore the OEM Honda ones, the others are taper fit (all are 60 degrees) and good quality, these can be used on OEM wheels but require a adapter washer.
Forget about Tegiwa - I’ll take a look

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
There are some 45 degree ones about - often used in racing applications ;)

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
I'm using steel nuts from Rare Rims ebay store and McGard security nuts. Want to upgrade to Rays steel nuts for jdm points, buy they are pricey.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I use Muteki open ended black wheel nuts on my ATR.

Makes EVERY wheel nut a security nut. o_O

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use Muteki open ended black wheel nuts on my ATR.

Makes EVERY wheel nut a security nut. o_O
I was looking at the Muteki ones on Tegiwa earlier

1 - 17 of 17 Posts