2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, keep buying wheel nuts then 6 months later they are rusty,what are the best wheel nuts,does anyone have any links or recemendations.thanks.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I always found the genuine Honda ones fine and that they did not rust as for the locking nuts we all know that is a different story

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
My Honda nuts have 'seen a bit of action' with tyre changes, and Honda changing brake pads, so there are chips in several of them.
I recently had my Storm alloys refurbed, and when replacing the nuts, I gave them a clean up with Brasso - most came up a treat - no corrosion - just the chips (nothing I can do about that).
I was looking at the S2000 black option ones, but have decided to stick with the originals, for now.
Al.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Best advice I found, is put your wheel nuts in a bath of Coca Cola, and let them stay over night, just clean them with a sponge, and they are as good as new.

If not then they are cheap non standard Honda Nuts :)

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was more thinking aftermarket locking nuts, I have bought ebay ones in the past for about £30/£40 but they do perish after a few months.i didn't know if I bought some rays nuts(eg) for a higher price if they would perish just the same and end up being a larger waste of money.

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
I have the Rays wheel nuts on mine. They are duralumin nuts, not very durable in my opinion. I would go for some floating lug nuts if possible, but it depends on your budget and the design of your alloys. I think the Project Mu Super Lock Nut 7 are quite cool

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I have muteki. like brand new even after a winter and a few wheel changes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts