2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after reading a thread done by Wanner69 (Wayne) & after indulging in some of Magic's ceramic coating. I decided to take a wheel off & give them a good clean. Bearing in mind the car is nearly 2 years old, this is the 1st time the wheels have been taken off & cleaned on the inside.

Stuff used :-

Autobrite Very Cherry Wheel Cleaner (non acidic) diluted 1:5
Autobrite Purple Rain (very similar to Iron-X)
Autosmart Tardis
Bilt Hamber Clay
Muc-off wheel brush & a detailing brush.

Pleased with how they came up, sealed them with poorboys until the Magic arrives. Next weekend I plan to do the other 3. Some marks left on the insides, unfortunately this is where the paint has come off, will try & get some silver/grey paint to mask these minor spots.

Attachments

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Great work Shaun. It needs courage to take wheels off as more people prefer just to clean the outside. Now give suspension and brakes proper detail

Reactions: shaunwistow

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
When you have a wheel off Shaun, Spray the wheel arch liberally with APC and agitate with a brush, then Pressure wash off.
Did that to mine when I took my wheels off before Xmas, loads of muck came off arches, used a trolley jack so much easier :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice work. I cleaned just the outside of mine for the first time yesterday. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and cleaned up quite easily but didn't have anything to shift the tar spots.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.