2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Sorry for the fairly noob response, but I'm horrible with wheel fitment/offsets etc.

I was wondering the following sized rims:

5x114.3 18x8 F+45 R+35

Tires are:

F 245/35/18 R 265/35/18

I haven't yet, but will be fitting Eibach springs lowering the car by 15mm. I've found these wheels fairly cheap so looking at buying but am unsure about fitment issues. I will be trial fitting them however since the person is so far away (2 hour drive) I'm hoping for some guidance first before I go.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Personally I think with a 35ofset on the back and a 265 wide tyre (standard is 225) you will get scrape on the back. I think even with the fronts you might as well

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
I doubt you'll have a chance in hell of fitting 265's on, even 245's are 20mm wider than stock. Stock tyres are 225/40 R18 88/91Y.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Slightly off topic but why would you want to squeeze larger tyres on? In general I can't see the advantage (not that I'm rejecting the idea, I just don't get the reasoning)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
Hi guys,

Sorry for the fairly noob response, but I'm horrible with wheel fitment/offsets etc.

I was wondering the following sized rims:

5x114.3 18x8 F+45 R+35

Tires are:

F 245/35/18 R 265/35/18

I haven't yet, but will be fitting Eibach springs lowering the car by 15mm. I've found these wheels fairly cheap so looking at buying but am unsure about fitment issues. I will be trial fitting them however since the person is so far away (2 hour drive) I'm hoping for some guidance first before I go.
From what I've found out you can go at least 4 off the original offset as in 4- or 4+. So say for example your offset is 35 you can go 31 or 39. Thats what I found out, unless anybody knows any different it might be a little more. Cause I was looking to put Evo alloys on my std Lancer diesel and was informed they fit even though there was a slight difference in the offset.;)

Hope that helps?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh the rear tires were my biggest worry =(

Reason is they are the wheels I want but they are being sold second hand in brand new condition but with those tires (95% tread). To be honest it's a bargain even without the tires so even if I buy them it would be a win. Would have been nice if they would have fit tires on!

Thanks for all the advice guys! So I'm guessing the wheels are are thumbs up but the tires aren't?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Ahh the rear tires were my biggest worry =(

Reason is they are the wheels I want but they are being sold second hand in brand new condition but with those tires (95% tread). To be honest it's a bargain even without the tires so even if I buy them it would be a win. Would have been nice if they would have fit tires on!

Thanks for all the advice guys! So I'm guessing the wheels are are thumbs up but the tires aren't?
As said above tires won't fit but wheels are fine, offset wise I've seen 18x8 et 38 on a 15mm drop with no rubbing and I'm running 18x7.5 et 38 with no rubbing.

You could always buy them and try exchanging the tyres at a local part worn place, or sell them on eBay.

Sent by me

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
From what I've found out you can go at least 4 off the original offset as in 4- or 4+. So say for example your offset is 35 you can go 31 or 39. Thats what I found out, unless anybody knows any different it might be a little more. Cause I was looking to put Evo alloys on my std Lancer diesel and was informed they fit even though there was a slight difference in the offset.;)

Hope that helps?
Standard offset is 55 but there's people running a very wide range outside that. Just have to do the maths first!

Also have to take into account spoke shape etc when using BBKs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts