2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wheels, Springs, Spacers

5K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Wilmo 
#1 ·
Evening all!

I've recently purchased a 2008 Bluish Silver Civic 1.8 ES with full Honda service history and 45500 miles. The car is for my wife but, as I'm driving a boring BMW 530d I'd like to start a few modifcations on the Civic! Thought the sensible place to begin would be the wheels and have picked up a set of FN2 18" in decent condition. I'll take some current look photos when the weather improves to keep a log.

Questions I have are:

1. What springs should I go for to lower it?
2. What size spacers work best with the FN2s?

Having read through quite a few threads over teh last couple of days, I've managed to confuse myself entirely [smilie=confuzzled.:[/FONT]

Any help and advice is very much appreicated! :grin2:

Thanks

Nas

See less See more
#2 ·
Eibach springs are popular, but Tein seem pretty good and reasonably priced from the likes of TDi North. I have Super GT Hubcentric Wheel Spacers 15mm & 20mm and they fill out the arches very well indeed, although I only have 17's on mine.

#3 ·
Thanks Das, I'll have a look at Eibach and Tein, can you recommend how much to lower? We have a few speed bumps around here and highly unlikley the car will ever see the motorway (my wife took 11 attempts to pass her test and in 13 years of driving has never driven on a motorway). Driving to her is like Kryptonite to Superman!:wink3:

#12 ·
Just had eibach pro kit fitted on mine. They claim they drop the ride height by 25mm.

I measured before and after, the drop on the back is 15mm and front is 16mm.
The ride is noticeably softer and not so bouncy and hard (thud) going over speed bumps.

I'll measure again in a few weeks as once they settle it, they might drop a bit more (so I've been told).

Next on the list is spacers. 😁

#13 ·
Just had eibach pro kit fitted on mine. They claim they drop the ride height by 25mm.

I measured before and after, the drop on the back is 15mm and front is 16mm.
The ride is noticeably softer and not so bouncy and hard (thud) going over speed bumps.

I'll measure again in a few weeks as once they settle it, they might drop a bit more (so I've been told).

Next on the list is spacers. 😁
Type r is already drop 10mm from standard, So you only get an extra 15mm

I have 15mm front and 20mm rear, that seems the general rule of thumb and does fill the arch’s bang on, anymore will look stupid. plenty spacers out their to choose from. Was going to go with the gt that @Das has but was not in stock, good price also. I went with tegiwa which are a very good product, pricey but got them in bank holidays as they do deals around that time.
Eibach progressive springs 25mm o.k, do soften the ride slightly, but think I want to put 30mm on the backside just to drop it that little more to get a even stance, otherwise it’s coilovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.