2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be looking for a set of wheels to fit my winter tyres to. Don't have to be fancy as I will only be running them when the weather is bad. (lease car and lease co will not supply winter tyres, I have a lightly worn set from last year 'though).

This will be for a 9th Gen Civic on 16" wheels. Question is will wheels from previous models fit?

·
Gary
3,100 Posts
I have 3 steel wheels with tyres if interested mate i think they should fit i cant see them changing bore size etc on the new car

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Geemac, semi local too!

I have a couple of decent winter tyres but let me do a bit more digging and I may gat back to you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p.s. what size wheels and tyres and are the tyres winters? what brand?

wheels need to take 205/55/16

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
A few months ago, someone was selling a set of steel rims for an 8th gen, as they don't fit his 9th gen. The offset was the problem, from what I remember. 8th gen is ET55, 9th gen is ET50. Apparently the wheels were locking up against the suspension. So it appears you need to get wheels with an offset somewhere between ET50 and ET30.

Oops. Not the suspension, the calipers

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, don't really understand the technical stuff but looks like 8th gen wheels wont fit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a 8th generation with a set of winter tyres on 16" steel rims They do not fit a 9th generation Civic. They foul the brake calipers. The 8th generation has a 55 offset, the 9th generation Civic has a 45 offset (information stamped on the back of the wheels). Check with your dealer. Mine had a set of second hand (but brand new ) 9th generation 16" alloys from a new car The owner had purchased the car then decided he wanted larger wheels once it arrived, so larger wheels and tyres were bought and the 16" wheels ended up in the stores. I got them for the price they had given the other owner and they removed my tyres from the steel wheels and fitted them to the alloys at no cost (I think they were glad to get rid of them). Its worth an ask. If you go down the route of spacers (I thought about this) you have to get longer bolts and consider the insurance implications if you are involved in an accident

1 - 9 of 9 Posts