2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a stupid question I know but at what point do you fill up the car with fuel?

when I owned my corsa VXR it was always when it got to 1/4 tank then I filled it never ever below that so that no contaminats got into the injectors in any great amount.

With the civic I am not so strict I normally fill it at around 1/6 tank.
I personally have not seen a fuel warning light in the last 3 years in any of the cars I've owned in that time.

I saw the fuel warning in the civic yesterday as I was getting all the v-power out to go back to T99 (review later) I never vtec the car under 1/4 tank though.

What about you guys?

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I will only fill up if my light is on :D and then I will wait until I am next passing the shell garage I like to use.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am free today if you fancy a look at the car? its not clean though doing that tomorrow

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think by empty though they me on the last drips of fuel.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
I leave mine until it the range says that I won't make it to work the next day ;)

I still don't see how running the tank low can take in contaminents when the engine must be drawing the petrol from the bottom of the tank all the time anyway ;)

·
UKDM
779 Posts
As above when I dont have enough fuel to make it to / from work

I dont understand this either, think people used to do this in old cars?

Isn't that what the fuel filter is for?

No VTEC if you have less than a qtr tank seems a bit much to me

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Dont know about you guys my car performes better in the last quarter of a tank... and its quite apparant... guess the weight of fuel is quite heavy and under the drivers seat... so when youre full and on your own all the weight is on one side ... but to answer your question I fill up as and when no hang ups about it

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
Dont know about you guys my car performes better in the last quarter of a tank... and its quite apparant... guess the weight of fuel is quite heavy and under the drivers seat... so when youre full and on your own all the weight is on one side ... but to answer your question I fill up as and when no hang ups about it

Yeah considering the car is already carrying your 47 stone the extra effect of a full fuel tank must be devastating! :D

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
Why do people always think this??
Modern cars have a fuel filter + you always take fuel from the bottom of your fuel tank so after a night standing still, you would instantly suck in the debris/contaminants.

I cant do that... makes my legs ache!! lol;)

·
TIMMEH!!!!!!
580 Posts
Just filled up with 0 miles in the tank. The pump only pumped 47l of petrol

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
When the light comes on - unless I can't get to where I'm going with the remaining fuel in the tank. I hate stopping on journeys!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts