Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
July Malthouse meet today.
Not one Civic... Sign of the times?
Robbo51..Skoda Octavia vRS
Warriorpete.. Audi A3
Welly..Lexus GS 450 aH
Sallytraffic.. BMW 318D
Smurf79..Citroen Picasso

Great to see you all and a great lunch as usual.

Next Meet in September :(

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
That is depressing...I wish I'd have been able to bob up and put the Civic back on the Civinfo map :)

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Oh dear!! I hope this is not a sign of the future lol

·
Give it some beans!! :)
473 Posts
Can tell you lot are not proud Civic owners look at the parking!! lol! :lol::lol: Tis a shame tho, least you all made the effort for the cause.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
You traitors! :shock:

On the other hand - what a fantastic tribute to this forum that even if none of you still drive a Civic, you all meet up. :D

:thumbsup:

Still not sure about that Skoda though.... :popcorn2: :worms: :rolleyes: :razz:

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
if its not a civinfo meet, then why organise it on here loll
not got your own forums?:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres always one::rolleyes:;)
if its not a civinfo meet, then why organise it on here loll
not got your own forums?:confused:
:facepalm: Because we all DID have a Civic. I have been running this Meet for 3 years and we are now good friends
A car is a car..friendship is the important bit Will

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You traitors! :shock:

On the other hand - what a fantastic tribute to this forum that even if none of you still drive a Civic, you all meet up. :D

:thumbsup:

Still not sure about that Skoda though.... :popcorn2: :worms: :rolleyes: :razz:
Says a Muppet!!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Theres always one::rolleyes:;)

:facepalm: Because we all DID have a Civic. I have been running this Meet for 3 years and we are now good friends
A car is a car..friendship is the important bit Will

Spot on Chris, another great day, good conversation, lovely people, excellent food and some very nice cars.

P.S. And we are all Civinfo members and/or supporters.

·
Mondeo Mann is here!!
1,333 Posts
It was another great meet, just proves that we're all still good mates. To answer your question willrob60, we all used to have Civic's but either circumstances changed or Honda just didn't offer a good enough alternative.

The reason we organise the meet on here is that we've all become good friends over the past 3 years and we all still support the site by offering any advice for newbie's or catching up with mates.

FWH: that Skoda is a cracking car, me and warriopete and a go in it yesterday and it shifts!! Its in another league with that engine, the DSG gearbox and the build quality. Honda could learn a thing or two.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
FWH: that Skoda is a cracking car, me and warriopete and a go in it yesterday and it shifts!! Its in another league with that engine, the DSG gearbox and the build quality. Honda could learn a thing or two.
It does look nice, never actually been for a drive in one though.

As long as it has a Honda key fob. :D

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
It was another great meet, just proves that we're all still good mates. To answer your question willrob60, we all used to have Civic's but either circumstances changed or Honda just didn't offer a good enough alternative.

The reason we organise the meet on here is that we've all become good friends over the past 3 years and we all still support the site by offering any advice for newbie's or catching up with mates.

I think this says a lot about the folks on this forum, I've met a few over the last year and a half at different meets and without exception everyone is very friendly regardless of what car they own. BTW I've also had a go in Chris's Skoda and I can confirm its very nice and refined. Bizarrely too refined for me ..... due to my mid-life crisis I enjoy my loud and crashy R :rolleyes:

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
At least we have proper Civic meets still in some places. :D
Too right we do ! - 6 Civics - 1/3 were CTRs - and NO nasty oil burners ! - and some of us had a 12 hour drive each way, which indicates that we are really serious about our cars !!! ...

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Love to see friendship like that! Only on Civinfo :p

·
No Jedi mind tricks pls
394 Posts
lol i couldnt make it lets get a sunderland newcastle teeside meet on!
I would do this one, its only 66 miles to newcastle from where i live........

1 - 20 of 25 Posts