2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Over the last few weeks i have been test driving a variety of cars and i've finally decided to get a 09YM Type S GT Civic. However the availability of these cars is terrible at the moment. I went to my local dealer and they informed me that there are no manual 09 cars at the moment and these can only be ordered in I-Shift.
Although the I-shift was ok to drive on all the test drives i've had, I haven't used it day to day and would probably miss the response of a manual. Not to mention the i-shift costs around £700 extra!

Does anyone know what the situation is with manual Civic type S GT? When is the factory due to open again and will these be produced straight away? I'm hoping a dealer that uses this forum will be able to let me know the score - as the dealer i'm talking to keeps trying to sell me an i-shift.
Are they likely to appear before the summer?

Thanks,
Chris

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
May I thought.... Just get the manual, auto blunts performance..

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
May 1st! :shock:

It was Feb, then March, now May. The last sales person I was talking to was pulling her hair out because people were coming in saying "I would like to buy a new xxx right now" and she was turning them away because "the computer says no". In particular 1.4 cars.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A great example of how not to handle a MLU release, however minor the update. The current offer on 08 Civics runs out at the end of March so I was hoping that it would be an April release (but who wants to release a car on April 1st - at the very least they could have pretended to ;)).

Chris

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
It's sad, isn't it? The one company one could rely upon for tremendous build quality, advanced engineering, enlightened customer service and smooth release of new models...

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts

It was Feb, then March, now May. The last sales person I was talking to was pulling her hair out because people were coming in saying "I would like to buy a new xxx right now" and she was turning them away because "the computer says no". In particular 1.4 cars.
She aint the only one !!!!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Is it a case that the 1st May is the earliest cars become available? I went into my local dealer to enquire about a type S GT i-shift 08 or 09 and was told there is a 20 week delay! That means mid August! :eek:

Do some dealers get stock on the 1st May and others have to wait? Or is it that the 1st May stock has all been "claimed" and I'm now waiting 4-5 months?

I will say I sympathies with the situation that Honda is in at the moment they are trying to protect their workforce.

Baldrick

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts

Are there any Brawn Civic's available then, he seems to succeed where Honda fail :popcorn2:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've order my 09YM 1.4 in februari and at first it would be delivered end june, but it's already postponed to july.... And I want it NOW!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just called my dealer if he already knows a bit more about delivery. Nothing yet, still july without further details. It seems that a lot of cars have already been ordered and German dealers are calling to Dutch dealers is they can deliver new Civics. It seems that Honda has to re-open the factory pretty fast to handle the orders!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't tell me that! I haven't sat in one yet. I was going to go to a VW garage some time this week and get a test drive, this 1.4 supercharged turbo charged engine sounds a bit special.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts