2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Wasnt sure where to put this....mods feel free to move to the right place.

Anyway,
I bought my type r from Vertu Honda in Grantham last May.
It's an '09 April registered car. At the time it had 9500 miles on the clock.
I just checked the service book now to check when my third service needs to be done. This is the first time I have looked. I know. Should have looked before.
But it had only had one stamp on 03/03/2011.
So pretty much its second service. As its 12k miles or 12 months.

Now I know I should have checked this before buying it but it's a big downer the fact that it didn't get it's first service.
I am sure the salesman said it had full service history and I took his word for it. They are a main dealer why would I not?

Anyway as the title suggests do I have a leg to stand on with all this?
Probably wouldn't have bought the car in the first place if I had known.

Cheers
Joe

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Unless you can prove the car was advertised with FSH, I don't think you have a leg to stand on I'm afraid :(

May be worth going to the garage that did the second service and ask them to look through their records. The car might have been serviced but just wasn't stamped. It's a long shot but you never know.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm thought that might be the case.
The stamp was at Vertu Honda itself.
I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.
Not a happy bunny :(

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's gonna hurt the resale of the car as well which sucks.
It was registered in April 2009 as an '09 plate

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
PM'd

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah getting more and more annoyed the more I think about it.
I know it had only done 9500 miles in that time but went 23 months without a service. Well at least without a stamp.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
True. Will see what they have to say. Just if that was the case it's odd they stamped the first section with that date.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
it could be just a missing stamp...

was the car sold as seen ? a good rant in the dealership should see you right hopefully ;)

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I once had a Nissan that was sold to me with the remainder of the manufacturers warranty. When I took ownership I noticed that it had no service stamps.

I queried this and this and was told they previous owner (Enterprise Car Hire) just hadn't had the book stamped. They stamped the appropriate places. I had the car in a number of times for warranty work with no problems.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers guys.
Was stacked at work today so didn't get a chance to call.
Will report back on what they say.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gave them a call and they have admitted they have messed up.
They have said they will do this service for free and write a letter about missing the first and that it hasn't affected the car mechanically.
Am reasonably happy with that response as I dont really know what else they could do.

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts
Gave them a call and they have admitted they have messed up.
They have said they will do this service for free and write a letter about missing the first and that it hasn't affected the car mechanically.
Am reasonably happy with that response as I dont really know what else they could do.

To be fair I don't think the 1st service stamp will make any difference to the buyer with the low mileage as even without the letter the car was still serviced before the mileage was due, in my opinion the letter is a bonus along with the free service as for sure the free service will be worth more than the stamp as the letter should be as good as the stamp.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
As above, i think that that is a fair outcome. It would of been different if the car had done 18 or 20K in that first 2 year period and not been serviced rather than a very small annual mileage as is the case. Nice of Grantham honda to admit they messed up too, although have only heard good things about them, both car and bike departments.

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
I don't think you have a leg to stand on either way.

When was it registered because keep in mind 09 plates go into early 2010?
Isn't it the 59-reg plate that goes into early 2010?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.