2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just picked up my civic type s gt 1.8 and fair play love it..... Was wondering from your knowledge base what are the best things to so to increase performance and add personnel style? Was thinking initially to replace the standard air filter for a k&n one.... I know everyone will say to put an induction filter in but this will need to be positioned into the cold air or it'll be useless? Any Internet sites worth looking at?

·
車神
305 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
performance wise i think youve made the wrong tuning choice, decent bullet proof engine though.
if i was you, id stick a set of 18's on and eibach with frs

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice one folks thanks for the advice... To be fair loving the car as is. Would have loved a type r but even at 36 due west yorkshires finest and 6 points the 1.8 will have to do :D

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I have just installed a k & n panel and it does help IMO whether a placebo or not I don't care but acceleration seems smoother I'm waiting for a cold air feed to come from johnnyrocket then I'll be able to let you know if that helps too but in theory it should!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
K&N 57i is the easy first step to emptying your wallet... Milltek looks to be a good mod if ever it happens. Then maybe either the Elite Remap or Dastek chip. You'll probably get more from the intake than you will from the exhaust unless you went decat.

It's not all about performance though. Bulbs, cameras, vinyl, body kits, the list is endless...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.