2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello !

I have recently acquired my self a smart 2009 Civic EX 2.2 and have a strange one. It has everything nav , heated seats , parking sensor , cruise control bluetooth ect ect ect but one thing i cannot locate witch all the spec sheets says it should have is my aux input ? does the EX come with this as standard or was it an extra ? did i not do enough homework haha like a [email protected] i didnt think to look for it when i brought it as was one of the reasons i went for a "high spec" car haha (like to listen to me music n way to job)

if it doesnt come with one how hard isit to make it have one? with out loosing the nav ect ? or even better anyway of getting DAB ?

cheers

·
i-Vtec
2,795 Posts
If you have Aux inputs its in the centre armrest cubby. Although you have a 2009 you may have a MY2008 preface version. The Aux in was only available on the MY2009 facelift models. You could fit a Double Din head unit with everything like DAB. The sat nav on the preface models must be pretty poor by these days standards anyway.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Be aware if you go the double DIN route you will lose the climate screen. You can get a bluetooth box which connects with your existing head unit and offers bluetooth streaming. Quite a few available. I have an Xcarlink fitted to my EX which is at the higher end of price options.

Other option below, but would suggest a look on ebay for civic bluetooth adapter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah sweet thank you , so does this just work with the AUX button on me radio ? and will i need a Y splitter with me having NAV ?

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Needs a Y cable and you press the CD/AUX button to choose it as a music source. Be aware there is some doubt if the one in the link works, could just be a faulty unit.

My Xcarlink works fine and includes a 3.5mm aux in jack and usb for phone charging. This should work and offer the same functions

This should also work and is from a reputable manufacturer. Check the Connect2 website for compatibility

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like ill go this way :) next question is how easy is the factory radio to remove ? lol i take it it aint just a prong thing like on me old focus lmao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts