2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the front jacking point for a trolley jack?

I have the Haynes manual, but as usual they coyly say in the centre just behind front bumper, instead of showing you with and arrow on the underside photograph of the car!

I cannot see any jacking point just behind the front bumper! Just behind the front bumper there is a plastic splash guard. The only thing I can see that might be a possible jacking point for a trolley jack is on the bar that connects the lower control arms together, but this is way behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah I see in the text they say on the radiator cross member! So that means removal of splash panel, which look big and ungainly to refit from underneath with only a few inches of ground clearance!

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Don't jack it on the rad crosser, you will end up damaging it because it's quite thin metal.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
I may be wrong but isn't it further back under the engine/gearbox. I'm sure I have read somewhere there is a square hole in the plastic guard to allow to a jack. Hopefully someone who has used it will come along and either confirm or correct me.

sent from fraggle rock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I've taken a picture of where I think I can jack the front of the car safely:

Here's where the service manual suggests trolley jacking take place:

This second pic shows both front and rear jacking points, but the front is only accessed by removing the front splash guard. Correct?

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,376 Posts
Surely you'd jack it using the same location the manual shows when changing a wheel.?? Which I doubt would be under the engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surely you'd jack it using the same location the manual shows when changing a wheel.?? Which I doubt would be under the engine.
Nope, those are for the wheel changing jack that comes with the car or for axle stands.

When you jack the car to carryout a service procedure, you jack to place axle stands.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Use the folded sill section behind the skirts and place a stand under the lower suspension arm console.

Been doing it for years on a few cars with no issues.

At the rear use the sill again and then place a stand under the rear beam pivot point.

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
Any chance of some pics stoney?

sent from fraggle rock.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
Use the folded sill section behind the skirts and place a stand under the lower suspension arm console.

Been doing it for years on a few cars with no issues.

At the rear use the sill again and then place a stand under the rear beam pivot point.
For the rear (with a trolley jack) you can also use the towing eye as it is a hard point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts