2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Down to personal preference. So many phone manufacturer and after market kits around the choice is pretty much endless. Personally I have a Parrot kit so don't even need to see the phone. It sits either in a pocket or in the centre console normally.

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Down to personal preference. So many phone manufacturer and after market kits around the choice is pretty much endless. Personally I have a Parrot kit so don't even need to see the phone. It sits either in a pocket or in the centre console normally.

+1

Sits in my pocket or under my left leg if on charge from the cig lighter.. :D

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
If I'm in a hurry I put it in the slidey drawer near the Cig lighter.

If I'm navigating somewhere I use my Kenu Airframe which is way better and simpler than many of those ebay cradles/holders that I tried in the past. Although the Civic's dash and air vents are kind of rounded it still works ok.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I accidentally discovered one night that if the centre cup holder sliding bit is as far forward as it can go against the ash tray, then my S4 sits in the gap quite nicely like a cradle and doesn't cause any distraction ...That or I just throw it in the door pocket. :)

·
My VTEC doesn't VTEC
1,109 Posts
Personal mobile lies on top of this bit (the sliding cover) and then I have it slightly open to allow work mobile to be trapped between the slider and the ash tray

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I put mine in the door pull recess - but then I have a small phone...

·
My VTEC doesn't VTEC
1,109 Posts
Not my photo jack nicked it from the linked wiki but I just rest my phone on the sliding bit when it's pulled all the way forward. Then slide it back a little bit and have the other phone free standing in the gap

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
Not my photo jack nicked it from the linked wiki but I just rest my phone on the sliding bit when it's pulled all the way forward. Then slide it back a little bit and have the other phone free standing in the gap

Thanks pal. Thought I'd mention on my way home from work today seen a young lass who must have been no older than me (22) with her phone in one hand against her ear AND using her other hand to put lipstick on. Must have been steering with her knees or something.

Baring in mind she had a toddler in the passenger seat.

Ridiculous.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
I keep mine on a mount on the windscreen. I know this isn't ideal for everyone as folk are fussy about keeping stuff on their windscreen but hey, each to their own!

It's magnetic so there's no messing aroung having to clip/unclip the phone into a holder or anything and it keeps it attached quite well, considering the FN2's OEM suspension set up. Quick and simple! Just thought I'd put my thoughts in! :worms:

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
If I'm in a hurry I put it in the slidey drawer near the Cig lighter.

If I'm navigating somewhere I use my Kenu Airframe which is way better and simpler than many of those ebay cradles/holders that I tried in the past. Although the Civic's dash and air vents are kind of rounded it still works ok.

Ta - just purchased one of those and also a similar magnetic version - just waiting for delivery now!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts