2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,
had my Milano Red FN2 09 type R for a few years now. (it's the pre facelift i believe, no bluetooth or anything as standard).
i'm the 3rd owner, FHSH and 74k on the clock - It's my daily although i don't do too many miles.
Fully stock although i've added a new headunit with apple carplay etc and the Heko wind deflectors.

Thinking of doing some performance / cosmetic mods but i'm a complete noob when it comes to car modifications.
Trying to resist the temptation of buying the new Type R by making my FN2 a little more exciting instead.

Anyone done some mods they've really felt a significant impact on?
I've seen quite a lot of people reccommend the induction kit, but would that be a good starting point?

Thanks! :)

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
nice tweak is LED interior lights, i got these:
Civic 05-15 FN2 Type R Full LED Interior Light Kit - Bright White Xenon 7107717796349 | eBay

then some LED exterior lights, rear lights, brake lights, fog light, reversing light, number plate lights, front side lights,
uprate your halogen headlights with Osram nightbreaker lasers or similar

Bison parts dynamic indicators in clear or black: Fits Honda Civic Dynamic LED Mirror Indicators Left / Right LH/RH Side HON011/12 | eBay

these will lift the cosmetic side and modernise the look.

money is better spend on decent tyres (Goodyear AS5 or Michelin PS4), better brakes (Brembo/Pagid) and pads and then refreshing the suspension with either new oem parts or coilovers (meisterR are popular but ~£850)

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
778 Posts
Civic 05-15 FN2 Type R Full LED Interior Light Kit - Bright White Xenon 7107717796349 | eBay

then some LED exterior lights, rear lights, brake lights, fog light, reversing light, number plate lights, front side lights,

Bison parts dynamic indicators in clear or black: Fits Honda Civic Dynamic LED Mirror Indicators Left / Right LH/RH Side HON011/12 | eBay

money is better spend on decent tyres (Goodyear AS5 or Michelin PS4), better brakes (Brembo/Pagid) and pads and then refreshing the suspension with either new oem parts or coilovers (meisterR are popular but ~£850)
Cheers @Wilmo, just ordered these now👍

·
Enjoying life
8,728 Posts
Eibach pro kit 15mm drop, makes the ride less crashy, plus it looks better. Milltek non res exhaust, a tegiwa smooth airbox then a remap. Oh, and some lighter 18 inch wheels. Probably looking at a couple of grand there. If you don't want to spend that then just get the remap done.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Upgrade brake pads/discs & brake lines with rbf600 fluid. Eibach springs and FRS. I found the rear anti roll bar a superb mod as well. From there CAI, exhaust mani, exhaust and remap, which will lower the vtec point etc. Depends how much you wish to spend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JayR35

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Nice, just bought the interior lights and debating whether i get clear or black on the indicators...
Will probably do the exteriors too, stock is just dim and yellow. Although looks like a bit of a pain in the ass to change them!
Currently got the Michelin PS4 1000 miles or so ago, so i'm set on the tyres for a lil while.
Coilovers look promising too,will have a think on that one :unsure:

Cheers for the advice!

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
A nice set of spacers 15 front 20 rear also a nice touch. Brings those wheels out without any issue even if lower

·
Registered
682 Posts
Mine was completely standard, so far I've done Tein lowering springs, super gt wheel spacers, smoked bison indicators, carbon bonnet, fog scoops, skunk 2 gear knob and k&n panel filter. Fugen spoiler on the way.

The springs and spacers make a pretty good change and won't break the bank either.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine was completely standard, so far I've done Tein lowering springs, super gt wheel spacers, smoked bison indicators, carbon bonnet, fog scoops, skunk 2 gear knob and k&n panel filter. Fugen spoiler on the way.

The springs and spacers make a pretty good change and won't break the bank either.
View attachment 318675
Ah yeah need to get myself a fugen spoiler too.. Where'd you end up ordering from?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Hands down best mod I did was exhaust manifold excellent Midrange but then you'll have issues with MOT unless sports cat considered

As said above springs, HEL braided brake lines, quality discs and pads and spend on waxes lol

I heard that the rear anti roll bar makes a big difference I'm yet to add that mod

·
Registered
201 Posts
Evening all,
had my Milano Red FN2 09 type R for a few years now. (it's the pre facelift i believe, no bluetooth or anything as standard).
i'm the 3rd owner, FHSH and 74k on the clock - It's my daily although i don't do too many miles.
Fully stock although i've added a new headunit with apple carplay etc and the Heko wind deflectors.

Thinking of doing some performance / cosmetic mods but i'm a complete noob when it comes to car modifications.
Trying to resist the temptation of buying the new Type R by making my FN2 a little more exciting instead.

Anyone done some mods they've really felt a significant impact on?
I've seen quite a lot of people reccommend the induction kit, but would that be a good starting point?

Thanks! :)

View attachment 318654 View attachment 318655
Keep it stock like mine, with the exception of ocd detailing.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
All depends how deep is your pockets. Proper CAI, good quality exhaust and remap will spice things up.
I would choose better brake calipers over coilovers and just get Eibach springs instead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spicing things up is pretty much what i'm looking to do. Keep looking at the newer Type R's, but i don't need one..
Instead the plan is to make this one a bit more exciting.
To begin i'll probably probably budget around £2-£3k for now i'm thinking

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Mate tbh if your gonna be looking to spend 3k, for 4k you could get the TTS Rotrex shaft drive kit and easily see 350bhp

Or you could spend thousands and reach a modest 230-250bhp

All depends on direction, NA tuning, cosmetics or sounds

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I got the factory HIDs I find them shockingly bad as far as HIDs go

Unlike the ones I had in the Audi & golf which lit the whole road up!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts