2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Got the interior for now, then looking to get the exterior soon. Cant remember if I have Halfords 4000k or 5000k whiter front lights are the osram night breaker better
I've got the factory HID.
Put the osrams in the 1.8 to replace the candles.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Spicing things up is pretty much what i'm looking to do. Keep looking at the newer Type R's, but i don't need one..
Instead the plan is to make this one a bit more exciting.
To begin i'll probably probably budget around £2-£3k for now i'm thinking
That should be enough for custom decat exhaust, even 400cel cat could be added, Hybrid Racing intake and remap, uprated pads and maybe even port rsp manifold(I know one chap in NI who did his and got good gains for little money).

N/A is the way to go with Honda imo. If I would get turbo I will be looking at awd germans.

·
Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
778 Posts
I've got the factory HID.
Put the osrams in the 1.8 to replace the candles.
They are not cheap OEM HIDs, nearly £280 a piece, mini loan their to get them. Do you have to do anything going to the hid or are they just plug in and away you go.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Think they are quite different.
The HID bulb has some electrics attached to it that the halogen does not (showing my level of techie knowledge here)
With the halogens the level adjuster is on the dashboard (certainly on non-R models) the HID ones have a self levelling module attached to rear axle.
It's more than just a simple swap.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts