2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had occasion, today, to replace the fuse for my cig lighter (never used, don't know why it blew) with one of the spares in the under-bonnet fuse box.
Now I'd like to replace the spare in case I need one again.

However, my two local suppliers of pink steering wheel covers and over-loud ICE equipment had never seen such a fuse in their, admittedly very short, little lives. :rolleyes:

I've tried Maplins and had a search through t'internet and can't find them.

Does anyone know where (apart from a main dealer) I can source these tiny wee pixie-sized fuses that Honda have seen fit to lumber us with?

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Isnt it a standard blade fuse then? Not that i have ever had to change a fuse in my civic

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Yep got a big set off ebay myself just search mini blade fuses they are cheap too just a few quid. Don't forget that you have some spares and a removal tool in the engine bay fuse box to keep you going in an emergency. :)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Munro,

Those Halfords / Maplin mini fuses are still the wrong ones. The Civ ones have no blades sticking out and are even smaller:

(Civ on the lower left, std mini on the upper right).

They look like the ones in that ebay link.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Oh dear Munro :oops: [smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif][smilie=giggle.gif]

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The regular mini blades do fit though they just stick out a little further than the originals they should still work ok.:confused:

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, guys.
I've now been to a, usually reliable, accessory shop (you know the kind - mountains of stuff all over the place but the owner can put his hand on any item you ask for in 10 seconds) and even he was stumped, having never seen one before.

The Ebay item looks like a good route to go, but I really only want a 20amp one to replace the spare in the front fuse box.

I'll probably mosey down to the dealer's and see if I can buy just one.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Got the fuse today....at the dealer's.

It cost........wait for it........£2.33 :(

The VAT alone was 35p !!!!----more than I used to pay for a GALLON of petrol (25p) when I started driving in 1968/69.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts

The VAT alone was 35p !!!!----more than I used to pay for a GALLON of petrol (25p) when I started driving in 1968/69.
......that's probably the reason that they have put the price of fuel up!

......can't have fuel being cheaper than a fuse can we?

"Why is it that when two planes nearly hit each other,
It's called a near miss?"

·
Registered
122 Posts

That would be almost 3€ :confused:
Do you know if the price depends on the amps ?

Charles_Harding said:
......that's probably the reason that they have put the price of fuel up!
......can't have fuel being cheaper than a fuse can we?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
i bought one from dealer a few months back....only 55p was quite amazed! don't know if they charge different price for different watts/amps or whatever it is these things come in bot it was a yellow (or maybe red) one under dash for blown cig lighter socket fuse.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just checked from Radiospares :
3€ is the price they charge if you buy one at a time including handling & shiping

And before you ask, NO, RS doesn't have this very special kind of fuse, only the "standard" mini fuse

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Won't they replace them under warranty? :)
I suspect that it would save alot of hassle just replacing yourself. Imagine booking your car in, waiting about for the tech to fit a fuse!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I suspect that it would save alot of hassle just replacing yourself. Imagine booking your car in, waiting about for the tech to fit a fuse!
I was more meaning if you took the blown fuse into them surely they would just replace it under warranty. It's seems more hassle to charge 55p than to just give you one for free.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts