2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where to get an EGR valve?

Hi Guys, I am looking to replace the EGR valve on my Civic (53 reg. 2004) 1.7 CDTi. Except from Honda directly I cant find it anywhere but eBay.

But before taking the risk of buying a second hand part from eBay I would like to ask you guys if you know anywhere that I could buy a new/newish part from?

Also, do any of you guys know the part number for an egr valve for a 2004 civic 1.7 CDTi? I am asking because there is a 2007 model egr valve being sold on ebay but I dont know whether it will fit into my car. I am not sure about linking to it on this site so I will refrain from doing so.

Thank You

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,914 Posts
I've not studied the rules, but lots of other members post links to eBay, so I wouldn't worry about it.

If you buy secondhand parts, try to get them from a vehicle that's been in a minor shunt only!

Ling's website is very useful for comparing part numbers... Lings Honda Parts | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

I don't know about your Civic, but many of the engine parts on my 2.2 diesel are made by Bosch (check for a Bosch part no.)... if they are, then it will be cheaper to buy from a Bosch Service Centre than Honda.

EDIT - just beaten to it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts