2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
I fitted a piece of plastic to the underside of my parcel shelf and a cable tie holds the handle, keeps it nice and handy and tidy for the ocd in me

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just put mine in the boot's lower compartment. But your one looks good!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Don't forget to unhook before you try and fold seats from inside :)
I just use the secret umbrella compartment, its down by the drivers side, basically a little cap pops off and the umbrella simply slides in, brilliant idea, I think they added this on the 9g to replace the secret pen compartment on older models

Reactions: dobe

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just use the secret umbrella compartment, its down by the drivers side, basically a little cap pops off and the umbrella simply slides in, brilliant idea, I think they added this on the 9g to replace the secret pen compartment on older models
Sorry, what's this secret compartment you are speaking about? Do you have a picture of what you're talking about?

·
Registered
151 Posts
As I have two large umbrellas in the car, I had another holder fitted on the passengar side by the dealer last week. It's such a neat solution, it's just about invisible !

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Don't forget to unhook before you try and fold seats from inside :)

The 8th gen has the compartment inside the passenger door for an umberella, similar to the rolls royce.

It's only on the 3 door models though as the 5 door models have smaller front doors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was just thinking about this yesterday! Didn't know of a secret compartment though, and can't see one on my Type R anywhere Dobe?

Wardy you've nailed it, it fits perfectly in the groove under the parcel shelf...

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Great idea, though I think my umbrella is long enough to just fit into that gap at the back and too long to roll around!

·
Registered
493 Posts
The 8th gen has the compartment inside the passenger door for an umberella, similar to the rolls royce.
I was thinking of the Rolls-Royce heated umbrella compartments when you first mentioned this "secret compartment"/

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What happens when you fold one seat down from the car area having forgotten to undo ?
That depends on the force you use and the strength of the umbrella and the Velcro fastener. Your umbrella might bend.

I fitted a piece of plastic to the underside of my parcel shelf and a cable tie holds the handle, keeps it nice and handy and tidy for the ocd in me
Nice too.

I just put mine in the boot's lower compartment.
Yep, but that does not work for bigger umbrella’s and there is a problem when you have a few big items in your boot.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Don't work for me either my lower boot compartment is full lol
uploadfromtaptalk1402680427237.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 20 Posts