2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Need to get a 12v wire from the engine bay to inside the cabin in my 1.8.
Anyone know a fast simple way without drill a whole in the engine bay?:mad:

I know there are some wholes to pass the car wires but it seems that it needs to many trouble and things to take out like the wipers cover, strut cover, etc... and I'm afraid of breaking something...

thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I think that will work...
so that grommet it's easy to puncture with the wires right? the wires I need to pass are very thin so perhaps don't have the strength to do it but... I will put some tape at the tip has you did so it can cross it...
can I do the other way around, I mean stick it from the cabin side through to the engine side?

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
thanks, I think that will work...
so that grommet it's easy to puncture with the wires right? the wires I need to pass are very thin so perhaps don't have the strength to do it but... I will put some tape at the tip has you did so it can cross it...
can I do the other way around, I mean stick it from the cabin side through to the engine side?
If you get a stiff rod you can tape the wires to it and push the rod through
But if you just need a +12v battery power, look at the thread Tapping the option connector.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just have a look at it, and couldnt do anything cause my civic is left steering wheel and doesn t have that grommit like yours. it has a stif pass to ac gas pipes and that grommit is difeferent cause its on the side that has all the wires from battery , ecm, fuse box and its a plastic rectangle cover very dificult to reach cause intake, throttle body and brake and clutch oil reservoir are in the way...
will take a better look later...
I don t want a 12v power, I want a wire connected to the ecm wire that connects to the vtec solenoide or to the solenoid vtec it self, with a led that turns on whenever in vtec eco cam mode.
already have it working for some days but with the wire from outside the car.
now want to put it nicely on the dash but with the wire hidden.
my cousin works in that area he will work it out and it will be nicely done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts