2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

My question is simple, but I cant find an answer. Where is the easiest place to poke a battery cable through from bonnet into car (so i can wire to a sub in the boot).

I cant find anywhere! and its driving me mad! :)

Thanks,

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Hey Guys,

My question is simple, but I cant find an answer. Where is the easiest place to poke a battery cable through from bonnet into car (so i can wire to a sub in the boot).

I cant find anywhere! and its driving me mad! :)

Thanks,

Chris

There is a grommet behind the engine where cables go into the car. They come out in the middle behind the radio. Just stick your hand up behind the plastics in the drivers side and you shoul feel the grommet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a grommet behind the engine where cables go into the car. They come out in the middle behind the radio. Just stick your hand up behind the plastics in the drivers side and you shoul feel the grommet.
I think I have found the grommet your talking about but it seems very difficult to get to and I cant work out how i would get another cable through it? And once through how I would get to it if its behind the engine block.

Any tips? (Other then get someone else to do it? :))

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I think I have found the grommet your talking about but it seems very difficult to get to and I cant work out how i would get another cable through it? And once through how I would get to it if its behind the engine block.

Any tips? (Other then get someone else to do it? :))
I got a metal bucket handle, bent it straight and pushed it through the grommet. Yes it made a new hole but only just about thick enough for a cable.

Its alot of fiddely work but I think this is the only way. Well the only way I have seen others use.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive tried twice to do this now, and have absolutely no idea how anyone has managed to do it!?

Just cant seem to get my arm in at enough of an angle and if i do manage it I cant get any kind of force to push a screwdriver or something through the rubber!

Am I missing something? :(

Also once it is through how do you actually get to it from under the bonnet if its right behind the engine block?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts