2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm on about the 8th iteration (an agile approach!) to my cat back from a Tegiwa manifold, after nearly blowing the engine with a failed Tegiwa ceramic 400 cel I settled on a 200 cel which is coupled to a BMW 335i silencer in the b pipe by the drivers door (normal place) but after having another silencer at the back of the b pipe, 3 different back boxes and a silencer on the run from the box to the exit, it's still too loud for me, especially with the seats down and my bike in the back.

Given HKS exhausts are like unicorn poo, I've never seen one for sale, Toda is too expensive I'm considering just going with a 70mm Tegiwa and another cat. But the question is, where's the best place to put it? @musegrooves location would be ideal but the three places I've been locally don't feel confident in putting one there due to clearance issues. I don't like the sound or construction of the M2 ones and the Miltek non res is pretty loud imo. I mean I've considered getting a Toda but for the minimal gains, and then having to cut it for a cat for appearances sake, it'd break my heart.

Any thoughts/recommendations? I've pinged Tegiwa to see if they still do the civic cup 100 cel downpipes thru to the b pipe as that would solve the issue and allow me to run a larger silencer in the b pipe and likely a 22" back box.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
I’ve got a TDI w’ system with a cat under the drivers seat.

I’ve has the idea to add another silencer just after the cat to try reduce the drone.

I’ve looked into fitting a Helmholtz resonator in the pipe from the manifold to see if I can tune out the drone. Might be worth a shot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts