2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've loved having my CTR and thoroughly enjoyed it over the 15 months but its time for a change. So I thought we could discuss what cars would you get after the CTR?

I want something with similar or better performance than the civic but it also has to feel like an upgrade. I am thinking Audi TT 2.0tfsi, Audi S3 or a BMW 320i coupe. I really don't know what to get! Leaning towards an S3 because of the 5 seats, and performance but it feels like that will be changing lanes not actually an upgrade and I can't afford the 58+ edition unfortunately. My price limit is 16k... any suggestions? It needs to hold its value better than the civic...

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
By buying a later civic you sure did not help your residuals, that said, all but very low tax/fuel efficient cars have taken a hammering with fuel going up weekly these days!

It makes me smile how Honda dealers try and sell you something new after a few years but skirt over the poor residuals. (I know its not just Honda).

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Mazda 3 MPS, Alfa Guiletta or the BMW 330 265BHP version (averages 39MPG)

IMO All Audi's are horrible.
Will second that was at Halfords yesterday for some BOGOF AG products and saw a stunning black 330d Beemer 09 reg possibly with upgrade 19s on the bloke caught me gorping so let me have a quick look inside, very nice motors then he had a look round the civic offered a swap but he wasn't having it lol

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Mate has the 330 and gets worse fuel economy than me

Im thinking 335d next personally if I have to go with the nasty stuff

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
335 or 135 d coupe are the way to go mate,can be tuned to 500ftlb and still give 40mpg plus u get the nice interior and handling to match the looks,check out autovogues bmw diesels,next level mate! Might be going that way myself,I loved my m3

·
Registered
732 Posts
Why? Whats wrong with the S3? Super comfortable ride, 31mpg, 265bhp and 0-60 in 5.7 secs and with a remap im sure you can push it much harder? looks nice and comes with a lot of specs...
Why? What's wrong with the Mazda 3 MPS?
I personally hate ALL BMW and Audi (I have my reason)
Btw all those numbers mean nothing to me.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah its just a shame I couldnt afford a 335d or a 135d. But I do see what you guys mean about the diesels but for example the 2.0tfsi in the TT does 37mpg and tuned it will hit 60 in less then 6 seconds which is pretty quick and I can pick up 2008 with satnav for 15k.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Why? What's wrong with the Mazda 3 MPS?
I personally hate ALL BMW and Audi (I have my reason)
Btw all those numbers mean nothing to me.
Fair enough just wondering why such a strong view point and if numbers mean nothing u base your purchase purely on looks? Surely not if you like the Mazda 3...

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That's true mate,my friend has a ttrs and he reckons his lowesyt return so far is 32mpg and that's more than I average in the civic lol turbo ftw!!!! Plus they can be mapped much easier,fmic and panel filter with a map shuld see you 30-50 bhp

1 - 20 of 55 Posts