2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone.

My car unfortunately had faulty ac clutch and coil. I took it to a dealer for a check up and they gave me a 1000 euro quote. (600 parts, 400 labor). I left and try to find an aftermarket part myself.

On ebay, I saw the sellers claiming SANDEN TRSE07, TRSE09 can work on FN2. or THERMOTEC KTT040153 But when I compare part number, the compatible compressors they listed don't include the exact same one on FN2.

Does anyone know if those parts can actually fit on the compressor? The original honda parts are way toooo expensive online as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would test the AC clutch yourself manually as diagnosing AC can be quite complex and I have heard of dealers just simply saying replace the whole lot.

Check the AC relay in engine bay fuse box ( take it out give it a shake to see if you can hear it rattling ) if so replace it
Take the AC relay out and join the two lower ports to see if you can hear it clicking, if you can chances are its working
Leave ports joined turn car on with AC on, see if you can see the AC clutch spinning ( the bit on the end of the AC pulley )

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts