2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused. I just ordered a new Civic 2.2 i-CTDi Sport here in Vienna, Austria. I will get it in approx. 2 weeks. I want Aux-In.

I read the Wiki, it says I should get the Connects2 CTVHOX001. My dealer checked and told me his information is that this will not work in the latest Civic.

I emailed Connects2, and their answer was:

> The CTVHOX001 is not currently compatible with the new Civic.
> It is designed for the previous shape Civic with the Pioneer head unit.
>
> We do offer the AHOUSB001 adapter which offers USB and an Aux input.
> This is compatible with new vehicles with the Alpine factory fit head unit.
> (Not navigation units)

I have no issues with getting the USB+Aux version - actually I would prefer to have USB anyway... what confuses me is that people in this forum reported that they successfully connected the CTVHOX001 and not the AHOUSB001.

Was there a change in head units on the 2006+ Civic, perhaps in year 2008? Which head units did you connect your Connects2 to, and which version was it?

Thanks for any tipps!

Cheers
Max

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have a Connects2 CTVHOX001 in my 07 Civic 2.2 iCdti Sport. It works absolutely fine with my ICS100 DAB tuner and allows me to connect my MP3 player as well, so yes they do work in the 2006 on Civic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Connects2 CTVHOX001 in my 07 Civic 2.2 iCdti Sport. It works absolutely fine with my ICS100 DAB tuner and allows me to connect my MP3 player as well, so yes they do work in the 2006 on Civic.
I am assuming you put it into the car without Satnav and also you did not have the original Honda CD changer, did you? So just plain original HU.
Thanks
Max

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
USB Connection

Which one is suitable for cars equipped with sattelite navigation system?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Which one is suitable for cars equipped with sattelite navigation system?
The CTVHOX001 has been used in sat nav cars, but with the extra Y-cable as mentioned in the Wiki.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I am assuming you put it into the car without Satnav and also you did not have the original Honda CD changer, did you? So just plain original HU.
Thanks
Max
I don´t think you can have CD changer and connects2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don´t think you can have CD changer and connects2.

Fine. I do not want the changer anyway. My dealer insisted that the only way to connect Aux-In would be via the CD changer and I needed to order that one as well.
I must say I rather trust you guys in here than the official dealer's word. ;-)
Max

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks
Max

Quite right, apparently you can also do it with the SatNav jobbie but require an interface cable from Honda that costs about £90 :eek:

The Connects2 fools the HU into thinking it has a CD Changer attached as there is no proper AUX in on the HU.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for all your tipps. I found a Connects2 CTVHOX001 on Ebay for GBP 25, plus 10 for shipping to Vienna. Package arrived this morning.

Car is supposed to get in by the end of the week, so will have the dealer install it next week. I'll have the new car before Easter! Biiiig smile! :D

Thanks again to all you brilliant & helpful folks out there.

Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts