2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people
My car battery has just died and I need a replacement one asap. Does anyone know which one I need for my car which is a civic 1.4 i-dsi 8th generation?
I went Halfords to find they didn't have it listed. The guy said its either 053 or 057?

Also how much do honda charge to get a radio code since it won't work when I replace the battery

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just to add further and avoid starting a new thread....i think i need a new batt for my 8th gen 1.8. Euro has Bosch silver for £57 or cox have gen honda batt on offer for £49 plus a fiver deilvery...which should i go for? I think the honda batt has 3 yr gtee ,the bosch has 4, the honda is lead tech whereas the bosch is silver tech?? ***

·
Registered
169 Posts
Eurocarparts price for the Bosch s4 was £57.54
Enter tweet5 promo code for 5% off

Is there any better organisation in this fair land than Euro car parts ?:):):)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys,

The battery in my 2007 Civic 1.8 Petrol isn't holding a charge for more than 2-3 weeks. Gut feeling is it's on its last legs. Would you agree?

Can't decide between official Honda battery here Genuine Honda Civic 1.8 Petrol Battery-2006-2011 [31500ST3111HE] - £49.99 : Cox Motor Parts Direct - Genuine Honda Brakes Clutches & Accessories

or this one from EuroCarParts... Bosch Honda S4 Battery 158 4 Year Guarantee | Euro Car Parts UK’s No.1 Car Parts Retailer

Neither has a fitting service. How difficult is it for someone with zero diy skills?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Batteries are much of a muchness, so just go for the best value option, if its a know brand and has a longer guarantee period then that's the one I would choose.

Oh and as for fitting its easy, undo the battery clamp and remove, then loosen and remove the negative terminal first, followed by the positive terminal, fitting is the reverse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks Tricky-Ricky. No warranty details on the official Honda one so the 4 year on the EuroCarParts looks to be the favoured one.

Thanks for the fitting instructions too. I'll order tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts