2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motul RBF600 fluid is on its way
Cosworth streetmasters are on their way.
HEL brake lines are going to be ordered imminently... which just leaves one thing....brake discs!

Do I purchase a new set of OEM, or will i see any benefit for going aftermarket bearing in mind the price difference with some!

There seems to be loads on the market, to name a few....

Tarox Sport Japan- £250 for front discs and 180 for rears. All in over 400 quid for discs!
Tarox G88-Same as above
Tarox F2000- Same as above

DBA slotted 4000 series- Listed on ebay and with a quick conversion from australian dollars comes in around £228 quid.

EBC discs ranging from 140 quid for plain to around 200 for turbo grooved. Rears 45-90.

Stoptech powerslots- Around 200 for fronts and 160 for rears.

Brembo ep3 fronts ranging from 60-80 quid. Are these any better than OEM? Do Brembo do a drilled/slotted version? seen some on ebay but think they may be fakes?

EBC Plains/Brembo Plains/OEM plains- Any difference between them?

Compared to OEM discs from cox honda parts. All in, come to under £200. So is it really worth the extra expense, or are the main benefits to be seen via the cossie pads/lines and fluid.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Motul RBF600 fluid is on its way
Cosworth streetmasters are on their way.
HEL brake lines are going to be ordered imminently... which just leaves one thing....brake discs!

Do I purchase a new set of OEM, or will i see any benefit for going aftermarket bearing in mind the price difference with some!

There seems to be loads on the market, to name a few....

Tarox Sport Japan- £250 for front discs and 180 for rears. All in over 400 quid for discs!
Tarox G88-Same as above
Tarox F2000- Same as above

DBA slotted 4000 series- Listed on ebay and with a quick conversion from australian dollars comes in around £228 quid.

EBC discs ranging from 140 quid for plain to around 200 for turbo grooved. Rears 45-90.

Stoptech powerslots- Around 200 for fronts and 160 for rears.

Brembo ep3 fronts ranging from 60-80 quid. Are these any better than OEM? Do Brembo do a drilled/slotted version? seen some on ebay but think they may be fakes?

EBC Plains/Brembo Plains/OEM plains- Any difference between them?

Compared to OEM discs from cox honda parts. All in, come to under £200. So is it really worth the extra expense, or are the main benefits to be seen via the cossie pads/lines and fluid.

Thanks
i just bought some DBA 4000 sloted discs from clark motorsport with 65%! discount. Total price 150 pounds! I had tarox F2000 and for me this are better.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I used tarox a few times before and was never impressed, plus the G88 grooves cause huge amounts of dust and are hard on pads imo

I have used brembo plains since new with ds2500s and they have served me very well, have never beaten them yet lol

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used tarox a few times before and was never impressed, plus the G88 grooves cause huge amounts of dust and are hard on pads imo

I have used brembo plains since new with ds2500s and they have served me very well, have never beaten them yet lol
Do you use them on the rears also? Where do you get them from? im dubious of the ones on ebay!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I don't think he has, I think its a problem with the clarke site tbh

The place I got mine mate are no longer operating but I will have a dig for you :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Here you mate

Honda Civic 2005 2.0 Brembo Discs & Pads

If the link doesn't work direct to the discs , select an EP3 model say Honda Civic 2.0 2005, then scroll down to the 300mm disc, The front is 100% the same between EP3 and FN2- Disc and Pad ;). The rear set up on the FN2 is bespoke however.

Front pair 73 quid get in :D

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i use 300mm discs - ep3/fn2 (4000 dba slots)

send a email to clark they give you the final price with discount.
What do you use on the rear then NUNO. That price is good, but i would want the front and rear design to match.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here you mate

Honda Civic 2005 2.0 Brembo Discs & Pads

If the link doesn't work direct to the discs , select an EP3 model say Honda Civic 2.0 2005, then scroll down to the 300mm disc, The front is 100% the same between EP3 and FN2- Disc and Pad ;). The rear set up on the FN2 is bespoke however.

Front pair 73 quid get in :D
Thanks mate- the cooling vanes definitly look superior to the standard OEM ones, iv got a set off the car at the moment. The brembo ones look as if they are different shapes and sizes, as if theres some thought/engineering going into it. Cheaper than OEM is good aswell!

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
you can pay me the difference :)

if you are fitting them yourself remember to clean them with parts cleaner as they come greased, and use plenty of copperslip on the sliders and piston rears etc to prevent sticking, bed them in accordance to the " PAD" specs and you will be grand.

Some pads ask for a gentle bed in over 100miles building pressure and duration etc, where as DS2500s like to be bed in quick- multiple stops quickly, building speed, pressure and duration until they fade and smoke, left to cool and then that is them , I do reccomend a quiet road for these lol. good hunting :)

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you can pay me the difference :)

if you are fitting them yourself remember to clean them with parts cleaner as they come greased, and use plenty of copperslip on the sliders and piston rears etc to prevent sticking, bed them in accordance to the " PAD" specs and you will be grand.

Some pads ask for a gentle bed in over 100miles building pressure and duration etc, where as DS2500s like to be bed in quick- multiple stops quickly, building speed, pressure and duration until they fade and smoke, left to cool and then that is them , I do reccomend a quiet road for these lol. good hunting :)
Thanks mate really helpfull.
I think i agree that they are a no brainer, being from a recognised brake manufacturer and cheaper than OEM. Are they any better on the corrosion side of things?

Would I see much of an improvement if i went for stoptech powerslots or the like? over these?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.