2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations For a honda dealer that can fix the bloody annoying subframe clicking first time, without all the usual BS? One that knows the deal, has addressed the problem before, and can do a competent job.

Mark

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
I heard those ridged collar things sort it out but not don't know anyone that's used them an said it's worked not cheap either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My shirts have rigid collars!

C'mon Guys. My FN2 subframe clicks not just with acceleration and braking, but when driving over lumps and bumps in our roads, over potholes, when steering left and right, and when going over hump backed bridges. It's doing my head in.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
How about looking into what I've just said an see for yourself rather then make fun!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Ashley. I found a link in a different post about the same subject. Can't get any sense out of their website though - it's all in Japanese. I didn't even know there was such a thing as a rigid collar for cars!

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Google spoon ridged collar for fn2 there the expensive ones or stiff Spring company do a similar one that I heard are produced in the same factory as the spoon ones

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
I Googled Burn Motorsport and it's all on there. Thanks for your help.
Rigid collars aren't required but are a very good solution.

Removing and regreasing the subframe cover + gap can be done in 15mins by a decent garage.

Print off and take to a garage or DIY
http://goo.gl/6xbKa6

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Think the collars are for permanent fix this method would need doing again every now an then

1 - 9 of 9 Posts