2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been having some problems with the CD player in my 56 plate car, seems I've got the common problem of the disc read error thing some people have experienced. No idea what's causing it still, the first time a cd lens cleaner sorted it now that hasn't worked. So I was thinking, a repair would cost a LOT and a replacement a bomb load, so the best option is to fit a aux in somewhere. After a little bit of looking on here it seems people don't like the xcarlink so much as it's having some issues with dropping out and such, so is the one to go for the Denison? Let's say I go for a dension, which one, the gateway 100 is what I've seen on here but that doesn't seem to exist on their website anymore. So which one do I go for, I'm looking for straight up iPod/iPhone connection for music, Bluetooth for calls would be a bonus if it's doable and not too much more money. Also, where would be the best place to get one? Cheers.

Edit: I now realise I have the name spelt wrong in the title, whoops, won't let me edit either sorry, I screwed that up.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I have dension gateway 100 which im no longer using due to fitting a double din.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looking some more. Couple of quick questions. When you have the Bluetooth for calls, I saw on the dension site about a microphone, is that really necessary or can you just use the regular mic in the phone? And also, do you have to have this particular iPod lead (iPod/iPhone Dock Cable (Orange Connector, 1A)) or can you just use the normal iPod lead you use for charging into the USB slot?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts