2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

which discs and pads?

Brakes 
1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  ryan d 
#1 ·
ok peps it will soon be time for me to replace my stock discs and pads on my Type R as they are pretty pants and a little worn. so can you knowledgable people recommend a set of front discs and pads for me, i dont want to spend a fortune but at the same time i dont want any cheap rubbish. All your helpful info will be appreciated.

#4 ·
Definitely EBC turbogrooved disks - as for pads, nobody seems to have bad word for the Ferodos - but you really need an upgraded fluid and brake hoses as well …

Reactions: ryan d
#7 ·
1} The 'OP' wanted a good budget deal, which is why I recommended EBC disks ...

2} Wouldn't "Do-Luck" lines be the cheapest braided hoses ? ...

#8 ·
+1 for EBC pads and rotors. Go with the yellowstuff pad for sure!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

#9 ·
Hi mate,

My setup is; Powerslot 350mm.Disc with Ferodo DS2500 at the front and EBC Ultimate Sport Slotted Disc with Ferodo DS2500 at the rear and Goodridge Braided Brake Lines front and rear with Castrol Super Dot4.:cool::cool:

You could take EBC Ultimate in front in sted of the Powerslot because the EBC is not that expensive as the Powerslot.
Whatever you would choose the Ferodo is a MUST, they are perfect!:police:

I hope this will hepl you further.

#10 ·
thanks for all your input guys its much appreciated. I never thought about braided hoses but i shall now get on the case. Thanks again

#11 ·
Thanks for all your input guys, it's much appreciated. I never thought about braided hoses but i shall now get on the case. Thanks again
Yeeppp, when you upgrade the disks and pads, the weak link is then the flexible hoses and then the brake fluid used ...

So, braided (6-line) stainless steel flexibles and a superior quality DOT 4.0 or DOT 5.1 (not DOT 5.0) fluid ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.