2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Total amateur here. Only second year of driving. I'm - funds depending - looking to buy a civic 2006/7
Mostly around town driving.
Which engine should I be going for please?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
1.4 petrol would be a decent, cheap to insure and safe bet that you shouldn't get yourself in to too much trouble with.

Available in Type S trim if you fancy the sparkly bits :)

·
i-Vtec
2,240 Posts
Your going to get a plethora of personal replies. I guess it depends on the mileage you will do. I use my 1.8 for commuting, around 60% motorway, and around 8000 mile a year and you couldn't pay me to run a diesel for that sort of mileage. pottering around town will just choke up a diesel engine in my opinion, however at least the gen8 never had a dreaded DPF.

·
Super Moderator
1,106 Posts
I'm with Das.
Diesels will become seen ever more as the devil's work and banned from lots of towns & city centres.
The 1.8 petrol is fairly economical and not expensive to run.
1.4 is fine but under powered for the civic's size.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
If your "funds dependant" and two years driving, ask around for insurance quotes, if there is not much difference in quotes you will be better off with the 1.8, you won't be able to turn the 1.4 into a hot hatch

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
1.4 petrol would be a decent, cheap to insure and safe bet that you shouldn't get yourself in to too much trouble with.

Available in Type S trim if you fancy the sparkly bits :)
Managed to stick one into a wall, great fun!

I'd suggest getting a non Type-S Trim, as you'll find less Sports / S / R's in the name makes it cheaper to insure - Add the bodykit yourself as exterior decorative changes on your insurance, and it'll cost only a few pounds more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts