2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting a cat back system and thinking of the toda or hks?want the car to sound a bit meaner?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I prefer the Toda.....quality looks immense and looks alot better than the HKS.....just alot of money!
Saying that though if you go on TRO then in the traders section see Touge distribution, James has got a cancelled order on a Toda cat back which hes selling at a reduced price.

I dont like the little grill bits that go in the triangle cutouts which come with the HKS exhaust.

According to my Jap parts source, the HKS exhaust hasnt actually been made by HKS but a European company which HKS has given the approval to do so its not a proper Jap HKS exhaust. :(

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Hmm you might struggle to hear some views on the Toda as not many people have it.. lots like the Milltek but if you have the money the HKS is better quality and only loud when you rag the thing. The HKS has impressed me so far on the quality bit :).

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not bothered about sound as i want the louder the better as my type r is only a weekend car

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
not bothered about sound as i want the louder the better as my type r is only a weekend car
in that case dont go for anything other than the Milltek then.. Cheapest option too

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just had a price for the toda cat back.....fitted im looking at around £1200 ........dont think im having that one....a rethink is now in order!!!!!!!!!:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
just had a price for the toda cat back.....fitted im looking at around £1200 ........dont think im having that one....a rethink is now in order!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Who was that quote from?

Surely you can fit it yourself and save some money, its only a exhaust. :)

·
Sold a kidney last week!
3,962 Posts
It is Toda, afterall ;) to be expected man. As will be the case for anything with reputed Jap Quality/Jap scene recognition. From Alloys, to Harnesses, Exhausts to Brides - it's standard procedure to expect silly sums.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
not sure what to do know want to change the exhaust but do i wait till i can afford the toda or get the hks or the milltek?

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
T'will arrive on Monday.. not sure when it's getting fitted though

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
hks is qualtiy..

daz- get a race manifold..the oem exhaust is a good one..i would hold on to it and get CPL or TDI's one...that will give it a good sound!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
hks is qualtiy..

daz- get a race manifold..the oem exhaust is a good one..i would hold on to it and get CPL or TDI's one...that will give it a good sound!!
what sort of price would i be looking at for a race manifold then and are they strret legal?and how loud would it be dont want to wake the neighbours when i start my car but im looking for a real nice sound!!!!so you saying just put on a race manifold and keep the standard back box or change the backbox?i used to have the remus on my old corsa vxr and that sounded nice loved to pop did that exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
My magnex was a very good fit and sounds very nice too, but if you want noise make your own custom pipe with single outlet, the personal touch :)

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
na it effectively decats your car!! it can range from £550 onwards..they are a good job..highly recommend it..no it wont be overly loud...just nice deep noise :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
i have just fitted the scorpion cat back fits good sounds ok when on v tec and is alot cheaper than the hks or miltek , took me about 45minutes to fit , revolution in gateshead supplied it 299 to the door seem ok to me but i do like the way the hks system sticks out a bit

1 - 20 of 42 Posts