2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading around a bit and trying to decide which head unit to replace the amazing stock system with...

Looking for something with a decent navigation system, DAB radio and a nice clear interface!

What I've seen so far that fits the bill is:

Pioneer AVIC-F950DAB
Kenwood DNX5230DAB

Anybody tried or got these units and can help me decide?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
I have the AVIC-F950BT it's the same unit with the same features (excluding digital radio) and I'm really happy with it. Don't know anything about the Kenwood though

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
do these units work on a 2.2 cdti ex
I have a Sat NAV in the dash will i lose this - also what happens with the heater / a/c controls that i use to navigate

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
do these units work on a 2.2 cdti ex
I have a Sat NAV in the dash will i lose this - also what happens with the heater / a/c controls that i use to navigate
The AC controls aren't part of the fascia that gets removed?

I'm not sure about the satnav but usually there is a better one on the DD you're installing I'm guessing.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Yes your correct- but if i adjust the climate on my car will it display on the built in screen or the new replacement hu
The AC controls aren't part of the fascia that gets removed?

I'm not sure about the satnav but usually there is a better one on the DD you're installing I'm guessing.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Your climate temps will remain where they always have been. Any radio information will be replaced with the date or "Honda Civic" depending on which install option you take.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts