2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....
Had my EX for around 3 months now... I bought it when it was just a few months old... It was the director of SB Honda in wakefields company car so natuaraly it had almost every extra installed... Leather, 18" Storms, Rear camera etc...
From day one i could not believe the standard of the audio that comes from the system...could my EX also have the upgraded sound system (concert pack)? or perhaps the standard unit really does sound that good? Is there any definitive way of checking what head-unit and speakers i have installed? Would i be able to tell this from the firmware number on the stereo?
Any help much appreciated as always guys!

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi Andy,

You could have the concert pack installed.
Check if there are grey speaker rings on the rear doors with "bassworks" on them.

Not sure how else you can be sure without taking the car apart.

It could have aftermarket speakers fitted...

The head unit is the standard head unit as in all EXs.

The firmware version will not tell you what speakers are installed.

Lots more info in the Wiki.

Radio Firmware - How to find version - Civinfo Wiki

In Car Entertainment - Civinfo Wiki

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info FWH... not actually checked to see if the bassworks rings are there...will check in the morning.
There must be some other definitive way of checking for this otherwise people could sell the vehicle with concert pack falsely advertised, and who would ever know?
Anyway...i'll check for the rings in the morning and failing that i could perhaps contact the dealer as they may still have the initial vehicle delivery notes on file as the car is only 6 months old.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
If you have the concert pack, the rear speakers are bass only.

If you put your ear next to the speaker should be able to hear if it is a full-range or bass only speaker.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts