2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

Not buying right now but planning on my next engine mods for my FN2.

I have now:

Hondata flashpro
Hondata heatshield gasket
CPL exhaust manifold
CPL Cai
NGK sparkplugs
Custom map

My question is which inlet manifold and throttle body should I get for a mix of best power gains and best driveability?

Thanks in advance;)

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
FD2 throttle body is bigger than the FN2 one and will keep the everyday drivability of the original.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys.

How much hp can I expect from a RRC inlet manifold and FD2 throttle body? RRC is FD2 inlet manifold right?

What will the difference be like? A more revy engine and what other things will I notice?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Go for the FD2 TB and RRC. The throttle response is amazing and drivability is like stock. In combination with an exhaust manifold your car will sound like a race car. Mine does and it's also being tuned by culasse. I also have the HKS RSK.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Go for the FD2 TB and RRC. The throttle response is amazing and drivability is like stock. In combination with an exhaust manifold your car will sound like a race car. Mine does and it's also being tuned by culasse. I also have the HKS RSK.
Nice. Mine sounds like a race car already but guess not:D where to buy these parts cheapest?

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
+1 on the FD2 inlet and thottle body.. been very happy with mine for a while now as said for both max performance without a huge throttle body lumpy throttle response

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
I did a test. RRC vs RSP (OEM FN2) are going the same till 7400rpms (including cams and enlarged TB - SPOON so it's 70mm), but over 7400rpms the RRC is showing it's advantage, by 11HP, don't remember the torque.

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Stock RRC vs modded RSP.

I'd like to see a modded vs modded graph to be honest...

The RRC has always been a trade off of some mid range for top end but I'm still managing to pull 180ftlb with mine. ;)

Whether it's worth the money is debatable. It's not one of the first mods I'd do, but when you're getting to the point where your inlet is holding back your top end...

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Stock RRC vs modded RSP.

I'd like to see a modded vs modded graph to be honest...

The RRC has always been a trade off of some mid range for top end but I'm still managing to pull 180ftlb with mine. ;)

Whether it's worth the money is debatable. It's not one of the first mods I'd do, but when you're getting to the point where your inlet is holding back your top end...
If your car is a daily driver then you're better with rsp
I don't give 450 euros to 11 peak horsepower and midrange loss
there are better ways to spend money (for a daily driver)

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
If your car is a daily driver then you're better with rsp
I don't give 450 euros to 11 peak horsepower and midrange loss
there are better ways to spend money (for a daily driver)
It's not getting midrange loss at all, it's just given 11hp at peak, with all bolts on including camshafts. According to me if you are not touching camshafts leave OEM intake manifold and TB.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts