2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which insurance companies are best for The Type R with mods as i don't have many mods as yet but they will start to appear as funds allow. Any ideas guys and girls welcomed as the time is nigh as they say. :confused:

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Get a quote from Swiftcover.com. I used to be insured with them and if I remember correctly there are certain mods that will not increase your premium.

·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
virgin insurance insured my mate with an aston martin db9 whos 26 years old for £1600 a year fully comp..

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well done Neemstar big sloppy man kiss for you. Saved a fortune, total cost £394 fully comp including mods, the wife and business use well happy. :party: :congrats::tee:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
direct line was cheapest by far for me, 21 ctr gt

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
For me, Admiral. Type-R GT, optional wheels, ECU and Cat-back, £780

ECU didn't change the policy at all. Exhaust was £38 extra but also covers a manifold so I can add my manifold for no surcharge.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
mine was as about that, quite surprised as being 21, no one else was under £1500 other than direct line, use the website though, they said over the phone they could not insure me, but ive got my certificate!

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I know you're sorted now, but for anyone with more than one car Admiral Multi car policies are really cheap.

Last year I insured a Volvo V40 (no sniggers please) and a CTR, for both my wife and I, including commuting and business use. I paid £1050 (ish) and that was cheaper than anybody else would even give me just CTR insurance.

This year it dropped £200 by downgrading the Volvo to a Fiesta, despite my wife having an accident. Again about the price of the CTR on it's own.

The only downside is that if you pay by DD, you lose the discount. Interest free credit card all the way!

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tried every website and phoned several too but never heard of Chris Knott insurance until Neemster posted the link in post 3. They beat every other price i had received from direct line,admiral and many others, if you have not tried Chris Knott give them a ring they may just save you a packet. Especially you JP that quote seems a little steep (the call is also free) just try them. ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
i feel like im getting ripped off, paying £880 i think, 23years old, 4 years no claims, no prior claims and no mods to my 1.4 >.< Was the cheapest around too!!!

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
I tried every website and phoned several too but never heard of Chris Knott insurance until Neemster posted the link in post 3. They beat every other price i had received from direct line,admiral and many others, if you have not tried Chris Knott give them a ring they may just save you a packet. Especially you JP that quote seems a little steep (the call is also free) just try them. ;)
I will do mate thanks for that. Just out of interest, how old are you? Because I was 21 when I took my latest policy and only had 2 years NCB so thought I was doing quite well at £700 :mad:

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
36 years young and most places were quoting well over £500 for less cover so nothing to lose really by giving them a call. Also if you need to make a claim just call Chris Knott back and they will sort everything out for you so no hassle with the main insurers. Win Win all the way. :) ps you may want to lead them to think you have had cheaper quotes than you may have had from other insurers. ;)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
i feel like im getting ripped off, paying £880 i think, 23years old, 4 years no claims, no prior claims and no mods to my 1.4 >.< Was the cheapest around too!!!
sounds like you are!

im, 21, CTR GT and pay just under £700 3 years NCB

1 - 20 of 22 Posts