2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me out with a query I have.

I purchased a 2007 Civic Type S GT a couple of weeks ago and it has the stock MP3 head unit, the 8 CD changer in the arm rest and it also comes with a ipod connector which is fitted in the cubby hole above the gear stick. I was expecting the CD changer in the arm rest to be disconnected as I understood that you could only have either the CD changer or the Ipod connector but all 3 seem to work fine. When I connect my ipod the display on the dash has CD4 and then shows just the track number but no track names, etc.

I have no paperwork for the ipod connector so I am assuming it is the official Honda adaptor as my ipod comes up with the Honda logo when connected but I only seem to be able to control next/previous tracks and volume. I cannot seem to be able to navigate through the ipod playlists, etc or get any track info to display.

I have attached a couple of pics of the connector and the display and wondered if anyone can confirm if this is the official Honda adaptor and what the limitations of the system are?

Any help would be gratefully received ;)

Cheers

Simon

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoops - sorry guys and girls I have just found the info on the Honda Ipod Link in the wiki and it appears based on the functionality this is the system which has been installed in my Civic.

Have managed to get the playlists to work as well now thanks to that info.

This really is an informative site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts