2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I want the best setup just for handling? I understand making it too low will ruin the handling but like the look of 30mm stance

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I think it should be more or less the same. Although 30 will give a lower centre of gravity and theoretically better handling.
The fast road set up geometry makes all the difference.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
DPG87 has 30mm fitted iirc...

you could pm him on his thoughts of them

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
30 drop is the best by far for looks and handling in my opinion and coupled with the fast road setup makes for a drastic change in handling and feel. I have rages and have no probs with rubbing will be fitting 15mm spacers soon so will no more on that front when there on.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got 30mm lowered On bilstein coilovers and my god the ride quality is amazing compared to the oem setup. Slightly regret lowering it 30mm though as it does catch speed bumps, will just have to slow down a bit more to stop that. Not got chance to test the handling yet but will tonight and report back. Anyone wanting a coilover kit, this has got to be the best out there

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts
I'd still like to know about the ground clearance if you go down 15mm for when you get on the ferries has anybody tryed it?

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
best set up for handling imo has to be coilovers, i have buddyclub p1 race spec on mine and its unreal how good the car is at cornering, also not as crashy as eibachs or oem springs.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't advise 30mm. My car is running 15mm spacers and tonight I just took it out and it's catching on the arches also when breaking. Go for 15mm is the only way. Might give it a few days for it to settle and report back.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So just with 15mm spacers only your wheels are rubbing?
Yeah, I only got spacers 15mm as I have the stoptech bbk kit. It's going back next as it will rip the arches off if not careful but stevie at 8 speed was great and Re doing them for free even though I told him to lower it that much. It does look amazing though.

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
Look at the tein springs as the lower the back more and the car will sit level instead of nose being lower.
you dont want the car to sit level mate, as under acceleration it will make the back sit down further and you'll lose all feel for the rear end.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought about things a bit more and i've decided to go for a drop of just 10mm front and rear instead. It might drop a tad more to 13mm when the car settles. Just trying to think practical and dont want to keep taking the thing back to the garage all the time plus the scraping too.

Getting this done wednesday so will report back

·
UKDM
779 Posts
There are some fins underneath on the front splitter have you removed those? These are what was catching on mine 90% of the time.

You can remove these or like I did just wait till you go over a big enough dip in the road to flatten them and no more scraping...except for the front splitter on kurbs when parking :mad:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts