2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just bought a 2010 Civic ES-T 2.2 diesel. No manual for the navigation system was present so I am on the hunt for one. Trouble is, my system looks nothing like the ones I can see on the Internet. A trawl through Google images failed to find a picture of my system, so I don't know which manual to search for. So:

Can anybody identify which system it is?
Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the manual for it (preferably on the Internet)?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Its the standard one that comes with the car, exactly the same as mine. Just lloked at mine & no model details are on it. I don't think there is a manual, but its simple to use. Was there something particular that you are stuck with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Well the fist thing is quite embarrassing really...
How the hell do you turn the audio system off? I managed to turn it on ok, but I cannot turn it off. Currently I am just changing mode to a source that is not present in order to silence it.
The other thing is how do you activate the voice recognition for the hands free? I have managed to pair my phone to it and download my phone book ok. All of the other systems appear to have dedicated steering wheel buttons with which to activate the voice commands, but my car doesn't have them. Is there some button combination on our unit? Perhaps concerning the two blue buttons?

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Press the big power button?

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Not going to be much help here as I don't use the voice activation & never have.

I am not sure you can turn the audio system off. Just had a quick look & the only way not to hear the radio for example is to turn the volume to zero. Again, its not something I have tried as i've never wanted to turn the radio off.

The car manual has a section for the Audio System, hopefully you will find your answers in that.

·
333 TMF
71 Posts
Its a clarion unit which came on most T grade models so Honda can supply the manual. To turn the audio off hold SRC button down and I think either holding set or audio turns the display off completely. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I have de the same satnav. I bought one manual from ebay, paid 5 pounds plus transport for it... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts