2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, is there a parrot kit you'd recommend that would upgrade the lousy mic quality of the factory fitted bluetooth, and enable me to use the steering wheel buttons (I believe there is something you can buy to make this possible), and enable me to plug in a USB hard drive/memory stick that will then show up the lists of folders on the stick (not just the folders 1 to 6 like on the GROM units)

if it had a 3.5mm jack in that would also help me out!

I need to find a solution and hoped it wouldnt mean a new bluetooth kit as the car already has one but to be honest its so bad I think I'd now welcome a change.

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
have a look at a parrot mki9200 got one in my car and a good bit of kit.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
there is a how 2 on this forum if you want to have a go and fit the 9200 yourself,it is very easy to do and you save some money has well.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all the 9200 looks good. Does anyone know if android phones' voice to text type features will work through the parrot mic? (as it didn't through through the standard bluetooth)
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
hello again i have a galaxy s android phone not so sure about the text type feature,

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Thanks all the 9200 looks good. Does anyone know if android phones' voice to text type features will work through the parrot mic? (as it didn't through through the standard bluetooth)
Thanks
no voice to text on mki9200, its really good piece of kit

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no voice to text on mki9200, its really good piece of kit
the voice to text is built into my phone, basically when I push a button it listens and types what I say. When I do it with my current stock bluetooth kit connected it does not hear me (neither via the phones mic or the bluetooth mic) what I'm really after finding out is whether the parrot mic will pick up my speech in this situation and allow the phone to type it. This would be so valuable and I'm having a nightmare getting someone to try it and confirm for me!!

If you have an android phone and a parrot kit please connect it up bia bluetooth and double tap the home button, if and when the 'what would you like to do' voice commands page loads up say "text mum hello" (insert your own contact name if you have no mum in your phone...) and then see if the phone reacts and hears what you say!

Alternatively you could go to write new SMS and push the mic button on the bottom right of the keyboard and say "test message". Then just see if the phone hears what you're saying and types it.

I would be eternally grateful and possibly buy you a puppy.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
the voice to text is built into my phone, basically when I push a button it listens and types what I say. When I do it with my current stock bluetooth kit connected it does not hear me (neither via the phones mic or the bluetooth mic) what I'm really after finding out is whether the parrot mic will pick up my speech in this situation and allow the phone to type it. This would be so valuable and I'm having a nightmare getting someone to try it and confirm for me!!

If you have an android phone and a parrot kit please connect it up bia bluetooth and double tap the home button, if and when the 'what would you like to do' voice commands page loads up say "text mum hello" (insert your own contact name if you have no mum in your phone...) and then see if the phone reacts and hears what you say!

Alternatively you could go to write new SMS and push the mic button on the bottom right of the keyboard and say "test message". Then just see if the phone hears what you're saying and types it.

I would be eternally grateful and possibly buy you a puppy.
#

Wasnt aware it lived on the phone. My sisters Fiat 500r has voice to text on SMS, and that is built into the car phone kit not the phone itself. I assumed this was the case in your situation.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I have spoken to Parrot UK about the 9200 kit i recommend purchasing a ipod classic for this instead usb hard drive browsing is slow and not recommended to be the best option compared to an ipod.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have spoken to Parrot UK about the 9200 kit i recommend purchasing a ipod classic for this instead usb hard drive browsing is slow and not recommended to be the best option compared to an ipod.
thank you very much this is really helpful information. I decided against the mki9200 in the mean time anyway until I can find a kit that lets me operate the phones voice features via the bluetooth mic. The search continues.. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
MKI9200I is the best combined kit out there will take any format wouldnt recommend using a usb harddrive with it though. But Flash drives work a lot better.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
@ [tikigod19] - I'm still wondering why you are going this route, when you have an EX ? ...

If the microphone fix(es) didn't work, then it wouldn't take much to change the mike itself for a better \ different component ...

If it's an aux-in etc. solution you want, then a Dension 300 (say) plus the kit from [Bog] and [MrBozo] will provide you all the multimedia experience you could need, plus a reversing camera ! ...

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what the mr bozo kit is and also I I thought id read there was no way to replace the mic in the factory kit to make it anything better than useless as it is now even with the foam fix

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry I meant to say could you explain what the mrbozo kit is... my last post sounded a bit stroppy lol

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
mki9200 is great although sound isnt as loud or clear when full blast compared to radio or cd :(

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
It sound like the HFT (Honda Bluetooth) is working ok, it just does not know to open the mic channel for when the phone goes into voice command mode, my iphone is the same.

As for multimedia, what Derek is refering to is my control box and Mr Bozo's reversing cameras.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/54913-sale-control-box-video-reversing-camera.html

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/51222-my-av-install-video-sat-nav-screen.html

This combined with a Dension or similar to give you aux in will be a much cheaper solution :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I don't know what the mr bozo kit is and also I I thought id read there was no way to replace the mic in the factory kit to make it anything better than useless as it is now even with the foam fix
It's just a standard microphone - and can therefore be replaced - may need wires soldering, but probably 'scotchlocks' or similar will do ...

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Get rid of the android and get an iPhone!!! :worms:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts