2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any better phones that link with the HTF than the iPhone 4?

Im wanting a cheap phone that will DL numbers and callers to the BT unit. No point havibg handsfree if Im having to fumble around looking for my phone to see whos calling (i dont like mounting phones on the dash ect).

If the phone allows, does the callers details appear on the LCD screen when recieving a call?
Cheers

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an iphone 4 and was curious to what other way to go, if you have a jailbroken iphone then download iAnnounce in Cydia search.
This speaks the callers id. I just tried it and it works and is free.
Brill :cool:

Not thought of any benefits to JBing till now. Gives me an excuse to have a tinker lol

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
No real need as they are pretty much perfect :) just some of us like to tinker... I did mine to enable tv out mirroring and landscape the springboard.

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Are there any better phones that link with the HTF than the iPhone 4?

Im wanting a cheap phone that will DL numbers and callers to the BT unit. No point havibg handsfree if Im having to fumble around looking for my phone to see whos calling (i dont like mounting phones on the dash ect).

If the phone allows, does the callers details appear on the LCD screen when recieving a call?
Cheers
I use an HTC Desire HD and it works great...not had any problems. I'm hazarding a guess but by your profile name I'd say you were a Maiden fan is that right ????. GLD-119751_520.jpg

·
Type EX,A guy called Mark
3,435 Posts
Why do people feel the need to jailbrake their iPhone 4? Just out of interest.
Jailbraking allows the use of software that apple should have released for the iphones to allow the full use of its power.

I wouldn't wait for os5 as you will be waiting a long time for the jailbrake and would have to update within a short period due to testing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have used an iPhone 4 and also a Samsung Galaxy S 2 with my HFT in my Accord. Both of them worked just as good as each other to be fair.

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use an HTC Desire HD and it works great...not had any problems. I'm hazarding a guess but by your profile name I'd say you were a Maiden fan is that right ????. View attachment 57670
Hell Yeah [smilie=666.gif] :thrasher:

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jailbraking allows the use of software that apple should have released for the iphones to allow the full use of its power.

I wouldn't wait for os5 as you will be waiting a long time for the jailbrake and would have to update within a short period due to testing.
Having seen a fair few iPhone 4's being bricked after jailbreaking, I think I'll stay well clear.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
L.U.F.C - MOT!!!!
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
View attachment 57710

Did you see them on the Final Frontier Tour. Saw them at Glasgow then final night at London O2.....brilliant !!!:p
Last time I went to see em was at Manchester Arena for Dance of Death Tour .... they were awesome. Rob Halford (Judas Priest) was supporting them too.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Arrrrrrrr

Gonna have a look at this ....might be worth trying JB out then now I know about this. Do you know if it will effect the upgrade to iOS5?
iOS 5 upgrade will be fine... because installing the latest version always wipes out the jailbreak (until someone jailbreaks that version ;) )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts