2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This sounds REALLY stupid I know but bear with me...

Just got my first civic and I noticed after work last night not all the rear lights are working.

I wasn't able to get a picture at the time due to me being alone and it being 3am.

I dont even know which rear lights are supposed to be which.

Can anyone advise?

The circled lights dont come on at all whether it be with sidelights/ headlights on or braking.

·
i-Vtec
2,784 Posts
Yes they should light up with your sidelights, they are terrible for failing. I very rarely see a facelift civic with them working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brilliant.
Guessing this cluster works as the side/tail and brake lights?

Any idea what the actual fault is?

·
i-Vtec
2,784 Posts
No its just a side light and a fog light unit(on the drivers side) just a side light on the passenger side. The bulb blows, its that simple, think its a w5w bulb.

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
No its just a side light and a fog light unit(on the drivers side) just a side light on the passenger side. The bulb blows, its that simple, think its a w5w bulb.
Correct Das it's a T10 W5W 501 5W

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,
I appreciate you helping this absolute Honda noob. I come from a Ford family haha. Funnily enough I finished work this evening, slammed the boot shut and it started working instantly...for now.

On a final note before this wraps up. Any idea on the tiny "backup light" I think it's called, on the passenger side. It never lights up and the internet provides me with nothing.

·
i-Vtec
2,784 Posts
Back up light? The reversing lights are the large white/ silver bits either side of the "H" badge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry,

My fault doing this after a night shift.

I misunderstood I thought reverse lights would be labelled as such. Not as backup light haha.
Theres this fitting that doesn't seem to do anything on the offside. This vehicle is fitted with a rear foglight in the drivers side. I have no idea what this is...doesn't do anything, all the other lights are working now.

·
i-Vtec
2,784 Posts
Its the fog light blank for a left hand drive vehicle. Most countries only require 1 rear fog light so thats what gets fitted. I have retrofitted the near side one, my ocd couldn’t cope with it being uneven

·
Super Moderator
1,409 Posts
"Backup" is American for reversing.
Perhaps reverse sounds too much like retreat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts