2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Civic Tourer has two sets of wheels. I had 18inch Hydrogen fitted when new and, for the winter, purchased a set of 16inch standard Honda wheels from Cox's.
I am now selling the car and wonder which would be best to sell separately.
Both sets are as new without marks and tyres are all in very good condition.
It is my intention to sell them on the forum and I would, of course follow the rules of the forum to the letter.
I would value opinion before I make the decision!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
The 18 inch wheels will probably get a better price on here/ebay if they are the Honda OEM Hydrogen wheels

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
How did you find the comfort on the 18 inch alloys? I'm thinking of upgrading my 16 inche sets and going for one 17 inch with Michelin cross climates

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
How did you find the comfort on the 18 inch alloys? I'm thinking of upgrading my 16 inche sets and going for one 17 inch with Michelin cross climates
Mick, when we got ours I borrowed the demo with the 18s fitted and the ride was very good. Big bonus is if you check on Cox Honda site you will see all the 18s are being sold off very cheap

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
17" cobalts just bought a set from Gareth at holdcroft for 570 for the crz plus we have these on the tourer. Was very tempted with radiums but think cobalts look best with the shadow chrome finish plus 17" tyres give better kerb protection and are around 20 a corner cheaper. If you want a cheap good set look at my eBay link I posted tonight but you would need to arrange collection plus I don't think these are what your after.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
My Civic Tourer has two sets of wheels. I had 18inch Hydrogen fitted when new and, for the winter, purchased a set of 16inch standard Honda wheels from Cox's.
I am now selling the car and wonder which would be best to sell separately.
Both sets are as new without marks and tyres are all in very good condition.
It is my intention to sell them on the forum and I would, of course follow the rules of the forum to the letter.
I would value opinion before I make the decision!
Bigger alloys always sell easier and for better money

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
17" cobalts just bought a set from Gareth at holdcroft for 570 for the crz plus we have these on the tourer. Was very tempted with radiums but think cobalts look best with the shadow chrome finish plus 17" tyres give better kerb protection and are around 20 a corner cheaper. If you want a cheap good set look at my eBay link I posted tonight but you would need to arrange collection plus I don't think these are what your after.
Any pictures of them on tourer?

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Mick, when we got ours I borrowed the demo with the 18s fitted and the ride was very good. Big bonus is if you check on Cox Honda site you will see all the 18s are being sold off very cheap
Hi rick, can I ask what size tyres you have on your 17 rims?

225/45 R17?

Thanks
Mick

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
If your concerned about ride I can tell you for sure the ride is a little better in the CRZ with the Goodyears rather than the OEM Bridgestones but then again we all know Bridgestones run very hard tyre walls. As for the cross climates when I did research I basically noted that they did not excel in any area but was more a decent all rounder where as the Aysmetric 3 I can confirm are excellent in the wet and dry and where around £20-30 a corner cheaper.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts