2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so decided the new R isn't an option for the next few years so going to charge my FN2 But I'm unsure which one to go for. Can anyone offer up any advice on which way to go? pros and cons for the following?
Jackson/Comptech
TTS Rotrek
Kraftwerks
And if there is anyone in the North West with any of the above fitted would really appreciate meeting up for a look.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning all any one help out with this. I've looked into it a bit but could do with some help. Looks like Rotrex offers more power but with no noise. I'd prefer the CT but need to look at fitting a charge cooler to up the figures anyone out there gone down this route?

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I looked into this , I was going have the rotrex shaft drive kit from tts . 400 bhp and be done with it. I think more people have rotrex if I'm honest , tried and tested . But in the end ive bought the tdi north turbo kit , 6500£ for the kit on its own , then you need all the extras , clutch, lsd etc etc.

Speak to tts , they will point you in the right direction , or tdi depending where abouts you are in the country .

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate spoke with TDI yesterday was trying to keep it under 6k including clutch and LSD.
how are you finding the turbo kit and what swayed you down that route by the way?

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Given that I barely drive mine and when j do he miles come from a motorway steady 60mph ish for 80 miles and all I can say is the fact the rotrex has failed has royally put me off. Turbos are far more durable in that particular design type or go for a roots type.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi mate sorry to hear that if you don't mind me asking what's happened

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Cheers mate spoke with TDI yesterday was trying to keep it under 6k including clutch and LSD.
how are you finding the turbo kit and what swayed you down that route by the way?
I like to be different it's all been fitted In may, less turbo civics about due to costing more . Also can have a screamer pipe on a turbo for more noise.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Turbo all the way mate. Floats on a wedge of oil, driven by exhaust gas. Nothing really major to go wrong if fitted and used correctly.

Mine was bullet proof on my Integra.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Might have to pop in to TDI when it's being fitted for a quick nosey

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Hi mate sorry to hear that if you don't mind me asking what's happened
Turbo all the way mate. Floats on a wedge of oil, driven by exhaust gas. Nothing really major to go wrong if fitted and used correctly.

Mine was bullet proof on my Integra.
No idea what's happened but I've got burrs on the compressor blades and it sound horrendous. Bearing failing perhaps by the sounds of it as it was chirping like a bird before squawking like a buzzard. Not running the car now until it's fixed for sure

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
No idea what's happened but I've got burrs on the compressor blades and it sound horrendous. Bearing failing perhaps by the sounds of it as it was chirping like a bird before squawking like a buzzard. Not running the car now until it's fixed for sure
I meant my turbo kit. Sorry if you misunderstood that. Also sorry to hear about your problems mate.

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
I meant my turbo kit. Sorry if you misunderstood that. Also sorry to hear about your problems mate.
Haha sorry forgot to comment on what you had said lol

Essentially, the turbo is the safer bet by miles due to what you have explained :)

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Love my CT supercharger, have a look for my thread, loads of whine and decent bhp compared to the Jackson racing... I have the IMT after cooler too. I have the 3" pulley so smallest and was speaking to Nate at CT and he suggested a bigger crank pulley next but I'll need to upgrade the cooler to the 2.25" system

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ok so decided the new R isn't an option for the next few years so going to charge my FN2 But I'm unsure which one to go for. Can anyone offer up any advice on which way to go? pros and cons for the following?
Jackson/Comptech
TTS Rotrek
Kraftwerks
And if there is anyone in the North West with any of the above fitted would really appreciate meeting up for a look.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love my CT supercharger, have a look for my thread, loads of whine and decent bhp compared to the Jackson racing... I have the IMT after cooler too. I have the 3" pulley so smallest and was speaking to Nate at CT and he suggested a bigger crank pulley next but I'll need to upgrade the cooler to the 2.25" system
Hi mate yeah read through your thread earlier great build what sort of power are you running?

I was speaking with CPL and they say 300 BHP with CT charger hoping with cooler and bigger intake I can get more.

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
I've also gone the turbo route and 12000 rapid miles on it still love it!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Hi mate yeah read through your thread earlier great build what sort of power are you running?

I was speaking with CPL and they say 300 BHP with CT charger hoping with cooler and bigger intake I can get more.
Mine made 321bhp with the small filter intake and exhaust but I now have the milltek and Tegiwa manifold to put on with my big air intake so should see a bit more.. :D

The previous charger owner made 351 from this supercharger set up with skunk2 intake body

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Would be happy with 350 bhp. Turbo does look impressive but I know I'm going to need clutch LSD possible fly wheel as well which puts it at close to 8k. clutch LSD fly wheel charger and cooler would be 6k. Think I need to go out in one if each and see what they are like

Reactions: ufoblue

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I'm running with no upgraded clutch or lsd. The power delivery is so linear I have no problems getting power down, obviously you can spin the tyres in the lower gears if you want. It's like the R as you know it now. Still have to be in the higher rpm band to get the power just end up with more :) . The torque isn't a massive jump- I think mine is 227 lbft and had no issues with oem clutch.

There's pros and cons for both options and I'm sure the turbo is mental.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts